CNET Editors' review
It used to be that people had one browser--usually Internet Explorer--that they used for years on end. But the browser race is on now, with Firefox, Chrome, and a host of others competing for a bigger piece of the browser market. Curious about a new browser, but not sure how to handle your bookmarks? Darq Software Transmute is a quick and easy way for users to transfer bookmarks from one browser to another. There's no reason to waste time doing it manually when this program makes the task so simple.
The program's interface is sleek and simple. Users simply select the browsers that they're transferring the bookmarks to and from, click start, and the program does the rest. There are 13 browsers to choose from, ensuring that even somewhat obscure browsers are supported. Users can specify the directories to be used if needed, although in many cases the program can locate them automatically. We transferred our bookmarks from Firefox to Internet Explorer with no trouble; the program worked quickly and the results were accurate. The program even deletes duplicates if needed to keep everything tidy. The program has no Help file per se, but a list of frequently asked questions is available on the publisher's Web site.
Darq Software Transmute is free. It comes as a ZIP file and installs desktop icons without asking, but it uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program for all users seeking a simple way to transfer their bookmarks from one browser to another.
From Darq Software:
Transmute is a bookmark converter that can import and export bookmarks, or favorites, between the latest web browser bookmark formats such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Opera, Apple Safari, Konqueror, Chromium, Flock, SeaMonkey and XBEL.
What's new in this version: Version 2.50 fixes Firefox and Google Bookmarks compatibility.
More Products to Consider
- Transfer bookmarks between various Web browsers.
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Download and manage torrent files.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads by up to 5 tim...
- Download video and music from YouTube.
- Check your Facebook friends, discover if their profiles and pho...
- Find your own IP address and match hostnames with IP addresses ...
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- View, extract, and save cached videos in your Web browser cache...
- Evaluate and adjust your monitor using 24 different testing met...
- Download files faster and safer with your Web and Windows appli...
- Integrate VLC, Winamp, and MPC through YouTube and Vimeo to Fac...
- Manage and edit Windows environment variables.
- Identify the country of any given IP address.
- Search the Internet for torrent files, and download and upload ...Sponsored Products
- Scan, browse, and display headlines from more than 3,500 source...
- Search up to ten large Torrent portals and view the results.Sponsored Products
- Create passwords according to your preference.
- Download videos from YouTube and increase download speeds by up...
- Clear unwanted cookies or your browser's history.
- Transfer your files at turbo speed between your computer and an...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1