CNET Editors' review
Torch Browser for Mac integrates a large set of media features, such as downloading torrents without a built-in torrent client, saving videos from YouTube and other similar sites directly to your computer, and sharing on popular social networks. The application performs most functions flawlessly, but it doesn't always succeed in downloading videos found on the Web.
Torch Browser for Mac installed painlessly, and the package installer even imported the bookmarks from the other browsers on our test machine. Its interface is nearly identical to Google Chrome, but with added buttons along the top of the browser window. These added buttons are the features that this browser highlights such as Share, Media Grabber, Torrent, and Torch Music. The Share option allowed us to share on Facebook and Twitter without any problem. The integrated torrent feature worked well, too. We went on a torrent site, picked a torrent to download, and Torch Torrent automatically started downloading. When we clicked the "Music" button, we were brought to a page displaying random albums and artists, with all the songs streaming from video services like YouTube and Vevo. The search option allowed us to perform a search based on the artist name, album, or song, and we were able to play complete playlists and albums without any delays. The only disappointment with this app was the Media Grabber option, which was supposed to allow us to save streaming audio and video files found online. To test this feature we first went to YouTube. As soon as we played a video, the media grabber button started blinking. We clicked on this button a couple of times but nothing happened. We tried multiple videos but still had no success. We checked our Downloads folder but nothing was there, either. However, when we went to Vimeo and tried to download a random video, the download completed without any issues. The only noticeable difference was that the Vimeo file had MP4 extension while the ones we tried on YouTube were FLV files.
Torch Browser for Mac worked well in most cases, and the inability to download YouTube videos in our tests leaves it with only a slight mark against it. Considering all it offers, this browser could prove useful to many users who frequently browse the Web for media.Torch Browser - Browse the Web with extended sharing options - Download Video Previews:
Torch Browser combines the awesomeness of powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing. Torch Browser offers the following unique features: Built-in Torrent client: Easy downloading with built-in torrent capabilities. Torch Music: listen to millions of free songs and albums - this is a unique feature of Torch Browser. Video Grabber: Save videos in a click with an embedded video grabber. Torch browser lets you not only find videos and movies, but also easily save web videos from virtually any site you go to. Torch browser's video grabber is integrated into the browser and supports a broad range of file types, so once you find a web video you want to save; you can easily grab and save it without having to use external programs, converters or extensions. Easy Sharing: Being social is easy with Torch's Share button Share the sites, videos, songs and search results with your friends on Facebook. Torch browser includes a built-in button to easily share on social networks the websites you like and the articles you find interesting. Download Accelerator: Fire-up your media downloads with a built-in download accelerator. Speed up the download rate of your media files with a powerful download accelerator that is integrated into Torch browser. Powerful Browser: Torch browser offers you superb browser experience with its strong and fast search capabilities. Being Chrome-based, Torch browser gives you broad, relevant and accurate search results in no time. Secure Browsing: Special security features ensure that your browsing and media activities are safe and secure from viruses, malware, phishing and malicious websites. All In One Torch browser has built-in media features that enable you to search, download, play and share your media files directly from the browser.
What's new in this version: New release.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Web browser.
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Get the most out of social networking and the Web in this brows...
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Browse the web quickly and easily.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Serve files and URLs to Apple TV.
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Browse the web with minimalism.
- Protect your privacy by blocking online tracking.