From Toon Boom Animation:
Toon Boom Studio is ideal for students and hobbyists looking for an easy-to-use, multi-technique animation software. Discover all these animation techniques: stop-motion, traditional digital animation, traditional paper animation, cut-out and rotoscoping. Draw digitally, scan in hand-drawn animation, capture live images or import existing artwork, then enhance images using the various paint and camera tools. Add audio tracks and lip-sync your animation. Publish your animation projects for print, TV, HDTV, the Web, Facebook, YouTube and iPod. Covering the entire animation workflow from sketching to final publishing, Toon Boom Studio is an ideal tool to learn and create animation.
What's new in this version: Version 5.0 creates remarkable Stop-motion animation using your favorite characters; Studio now includes stop-motion animation capabilities, making it the best software for studying all animation techniques.
More Products to Consider
- Improve your working speed and animation quality.
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views to JPEG ima...
- Create, animate, edit and publish 2D animation movies, cartoons...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Create movies with 2D animation.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Create and add Flash animations to your Web sites.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Create different themes of flash Web sites.
- Make your own animated movies.
- Create lipsync scripts for Macromedia Flash.
- Create, edit, and export animated content.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Create Flash-based animations for your Web site.
- Create professional quality Flash Web sites with no knowledge o...
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Create a Web site with little or no experience.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Create your own cartoons and animations.
- Create multilingual professional screensavers.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Create movies with easy-to-animate 2D actors & scenes.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Crashes constantly not market ready AVOID"
Version: Toon Boom Studio 5.0
On paper TBS has great features, onion skinning, lipsync, you can make stop motion - export projects in a format suitable for Youtube etc. It is great for paperless workflow and theoreticaly its the complete package. I would love it - if it worked.
Full of bugs. Even with the right spec this programme crashed constantly and unpredictably. It has been nothing but trouble. Check the user Forums for hopping mad user posts about crashes. People have had to abandoned it completely to meet deadlines.
Appart from the crashing issues other poor features include the need to 'export' your work to play it back, this has to be repeated every time you want to review your project, its time consuming and slow. The programme is hungry and far too demanding on the CPU. I have a 3.06Hz processor and 2G of RAM ( better than the stated spec)
but the programme was still increadibly slow and running other programmes simultaneously was often not an option.
Support was also poor - when I reported my first crash - I was simply told 'crashes should be rare' - thanks guys that helps - then I was told I could try a better graphics card I am glad I did not decide to upgrade my system or graphics card for TBS however, as when I began looking into it I discovered people with top notch specs were having the same problems. In fact the ' industry pros' that ToonBoom is so happy to talk about were missing their deadlines due to this programmes unreliability. I know at least two who have abandoned it completely and others who are considering doing the same.
I am still waiting to have my issues resolved but frankly I just don't want to use it any more and the ToonBoom refund policy? Well you can imagine how good that is. They will not even talk about it even tho the software I have is completely useless to me. I haven't been able to complete a single project since I bought it. PLEASE THINK VERY CAREFULY. ITS A LOT OF MONEY TO WASTE.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: