CNET Editors' review
For laptop users, or for any user performing machine-intensive tasks, it might be reassuring to access temperature data directly from the machine sensors to see how the computer handles temperature increases and stays cool under any workload. With this idea in mind, ThermoInDock for Mac attempts to help you, but doesn't really succeed.
The app mainly consists of a dynamic dock icon that can show you real-time temperature information regarding your machine. We found the default transition rather eye-catching and a little disturbing. It is nice to have this information at hand, but you certainly don't want it to draw your eye every time it moves its display from one sensor to another. Furthermore, you cannot choose which data to display, which is rather disappointing. The program simply cycles trough all available temp sensors that it can find on your machine. If you are only interested in two sensors, say GPU and CPU, then you are out of luck with ThermoInDock for Mac. Having to wait to see what you want is pointless for an app designed to have information readily available. Also, the sensor names are not resolved, and their technical names are far from self-explanatory. To add to an already crowded list of required improvements, we also encountered a blank and unresponsive icon after a few hours of use, which rendered the software useless until we got it fixed.
The idea of having temperature information constantly on your dock is interesting, but poor implementation and bugs make ThermoInDock for Mac more irritating than useful to use. Alternatives do exist and provide a better solution than this software does at the moment.
From Takashi T. Hamada:
ThermoInDock displays graphs of temperatures obtained from the internal thermal sensors on your Mac in the Dock. ThermoInDock employs the module system to provide a great variety of appearances of graph of the CPU load in the Dock.
What's new in this version:
- [Fixed] Visible state of the graph window won't be saved.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Screen capture utility.
- Make Spaces on Leopard a bit more tolerable.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Run a screen saver on your desktop without the normal limitatio...
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Data recovery software.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- Sleep, log out, restart or shut down immediately or after a del...
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Recover your lost data.
- Mac to Pocket PC sync software.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content