CNET Editors' review
TheAeroClock by Nenad Hrg is a simple but unusually attractive desktop analog clock display. You can change its size from tiny to full-screen and its transparency from practically invisible to opaque. It offers a wide range of colorful 3D textures that give it a unique and highly customizable look. It displays system time, and that's it--no date or text message. TheAeroClock is all about the look, and it's got that.
TheAeroClock is portable freeware that opens as soon as you click its extracted program file, displaying its clock face and its settings dialog. This simple pop-up has sliders for setting the clock's size and transparency and a drop-down menu for Image/Texture choices. A series of check boxes include Always on Top and Fixed Position options as well as an option to start the program at Windows startup. We could also enable or disable the sweeping second hand. This option shouldn't be underestimated since some users might find the second hand's motion distracting. A large button centered the clock on our screen. We could click a small button labeled LNG to change the interface language. A system tray icon toggled open the program's settings when we needed to change them.
We tried a variety of sizes, transparencies, and textures with TheAeroClock. We really liked the Copper-style themes, especially Orange-Copper and Blue-Copper, and the Ice themes were nice, too. But our favorite turned out to be Glass, the most subdued of the looks but the one that proved the value of the transparency tool since we were able to increase the opacity. Most of the time we kept TheAeroClock small and tucked away in a corner of our desktop, but the full-screen display is visible clear across a large room, making TheAeroClock versatile as well as attractive.
From Nenad Hrg:
The Aero Clock, the desktop clock with alpha transparency. The Aero Clock is a simple but at the same time beautiful desktop clock. This Windows program can be used as a portable avert. This very decorative desktop clock shows the local time at the Desktop.
What's new in this version: Version 3.23 includes small improvements and new languages Hungarian added.
More Products to Consider
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Hide desktop icons so you can see more of your desktop backgrou...
- Wake up/remember important event to your favorite songs.
- Personalize your Windows 8 start and lock screens with your own...
- Monitor your processor temperature via a graph at the bottom of...
- Enhance the standard Windows taskbar adding information you nee...
- Examine usage of desktop heap.
- Place a tray clock that display current time and date with skin...
- Get daily, weekly, and even yearly alarms on your desktop.
- Return start menu and start button behaving like the ones in Wi...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Fly through an endless world of linked rings.
- Display the current time, date, day of the week.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"Attractive, but Puzzling Clock"
Version: TheAeroClock 2.55
This program generates an analog clock on your screen in high definition. It offers several nice options to make the clock more attractive, in better position and of the desired size and transparency. The sweep second hand has amazing fluidity and does not at all show the jagged or jerky appearances of similar screen clocks. Nicely done.
One feature missing that makes this clock only a novelty. It is not a screensaver! It can come and go as you wish, but would be far more useful if it could also be selected as a screensaver. A pity, because this is otherwise a very appealing program.
Beautiful clock, but not much use.
"Aeroclock is what it says it a desktop clock"
Version: TheAeroClock 2.42
ease of setup, ability to adjust size and color. It is a good quick glance desttop clock
I have not found any
I would recommend to anyone who wants a simple clock, works great
"good to see"
Version: TheAeroClock 2.42
wow looks ausome
"It's a clock and it looks good"
Version: TheAeroClock 2.42
Offers a choice of colours
none so far
"DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN ... IT'S A CLOCK !!!"
Version: TheAeroClock 2.0
Nice resizable anologue clock which you can place anywhere on your screen and at a transparency level that suits you it has some nice skins as well.
We all know it's slightly unnecessary with a clock on the task bar...
It is what it is... and easy to use!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content