CNET Editors' note: This demo lets you search for clues in some of the early areas of the game.
CNET Editors' review
Despite the short demo, Mystery of the Mummy looks like fun. In the game, you play Sherlock Holmes as he investigates the disappearance of a famous Egyptologist. Mostly, that entails poking around a mansion until you use the second key you find, at which point the demo ends. The first puzzle requires a bit of thought and some exploration, but it's not too much of a challenge. Though the demo lacks an introduction or instructions, the mouse controls are elementary. If you click on everything you can, you should get through the demo in no time.
The game has a few problems besides a short demo. The installation, from a ZIP file, is inelegant. The camera swings around with the cursor, which got us a bit woozy. The audio level is comfortable, but we still would like volume control. Also, turn off your instant-messaging application before playing--interruptions caused our demo to black out and crash during testing. Mellow kids and undemanding gamers should find some pleasure in The Mystery of the Mummy.
From DreamCatcher Interactive:
Become Sherlock Holmes as you embark on a remarkable adventure. Investigate a mysterious case, full of suspense, of the disappearance of a famous archaeologist and a valuable Egyptian Mummy, in turn-of-the-century England. What begins as a simple case quickly becomes a web of intrigue, robbery, priceless artifacts, and potentially, a murder. Prepare yourself for a great adventure.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Solve the Secret of the Silver Earring with this demo.
- Sam is back in the all-new second episode of his battles with h...
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Fight against enemies and earn points to unlock new moves.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Design alien using various body parts and colors.
- Add flexibility to the layout of your program's interface.
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Help Spider-Man reach Mary Jane in time by swing.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Try out Encore's action RPG in this demo with 13 quests.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1