CNET Editors' reviewEven if you're having trouble coming up with ideas for a birthday present, you might think twice before opting for The Birthday Chronicle. This promising, but deeply flawed program, takes a name and a birth date and mocks up a newspaper page from that year, including a picture of the U.S. president, an article about consumer prices, and reports on the World Series and the Academy Awards. The Birthday Chronicle can handle birthdays all the way back to the year 1900; but except for the main headline, the stories are the same from year to year--only the details change. The demo prints a watermark diagonally across the page. You can print the newspaper or, in theory, send a PDF copy electronically. But beware: the PDF-creation feature failed to work on our Windows 2000 test systems. The awkward interface is another problem. And at $50, The Birthday Chronicle costs too much. If the bugs were fixed, the interface improved, the demo restrictions loosened, and more news templates added, The Birthday Chronicle might justify its price. As it is, you'd be better off buying your birthday boy or girl an old copy of Life Magazine.
From Ken Kirkpatrick Software:
The Birthday Chronicle produces a personalized mini-newspaper front page, including graphics, that will be treasured for years. No special paper is required. The printout includes a greeting, by name, from the then-President of the United States, plus newspaper headlines and stories from the recipient's year of birth. Combining nostalgia and history, people celebrating their birthdays can look back at the world as it was on the day they were born. Version 8.1 features Internet Activation.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Create your own flash cards for whatever it is you are trying t...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Create CD covers with images, track information, text, times, a...
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Test your knowledge in various subjects with seven categories o...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Create cryptograms on your PC.
- Create and customize your own calendar.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Answer over 100 trivia questions on LDS Church history.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Create and print personal digital scrapbook pages from your pho...
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Discover your family history and build your family tree.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- View and print historical events on your birthday.
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Create and send certificates and clippings for birthdays.
- Access the latest weather information on your desktop.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"only has 2004"
Version: The Birthday Chronicle 8.1
nothing if you want a date after 2004
If you're looking for a birthday keepsake for someone born after 2004, you are out of luck. You can only look up dates before 2004.
"I love this software!"
Version: The Birthday Chronicle 8.1
I have looked at every possible type of software like this. This is head and shoulders above the rest. I use it in my business to send client birthday greetings. Every printout is unique and has my client's name. Highly recommended. A++