CNET Editors' review
TeamViewer is an app that lets you connect to other Macs and PCs via the Internet to share desktops, transfer files, walk through presentations, and control other computers remotely. It's even free for noncommercial use, making it a great choice for your pro bono troubleshooting for friends and family, or for just accessing your own Mac from the road.
The interface is simple: you just open TeamViewer and you're prompted to either create a session or wait for one. A unique ID and password is created for each session, and you need TeamViewer on both computers (if you're helping someone, they can just download and run the small "TeamViewer QuickSupport module," so they don't even have to install the full app). Once a session is running, you can see the other computer's desktop on an inset window. Your level of control depends on the parameters you set for the session (Remote Support, Presentation, or File Transfer), and the interface and menus are straightforward, with intuitive touches like a big "X" that either user can click to end the session.
In the latest update to TeamViewer, you now have the ability to create meetings with up to 25 participants. You can now schedule meetings in advance within the app, perform a practice run before the big day, and then hold a meeting complete with video and other media -- on all your devices. In our test runs, we were able to get a meeting up and running and use many of the new features. We think TeamViewer users will appreciate the new meeting features because they're intuitive and don't require a lot of practice to create a meeting on-the-fly.
TeamViewer isn't perfect -- for example, it often feels less like a Mac app and more like a ported PC program, which it is -- but it's surprisingly stable, fast, and (perhaps most importantly) free for personal use. With extras like integrated chat, heavy-duty encryption, and new meetings support with tons of features, TeamViewer is definitely worth a download for anyone who needs this kind of functionality.TeamViewer - Control computers remotely - Download Video Previews:
TeamViewer is a simple and fast solution for remote control, desktop sharing and file transfer that works behind any firewall and NAT proxy. To connect to another computer just run TeamViewer on both machines without the need of an installation procedure. With the first start automatic partner IDs are generated on both computers. Just enter your partner's ID into TeamViewer and the connection is established immediately. With several million users worldwide TeamViewer is a standard tool to give support and assistance to people in remote locations. The software can also be used for presentations, where you can show your own desktop to a partner, e.g. to present a software solution. With the TeamViewer partner system you can establish single-click connections to partners and computers you connect to on a regular basis. TeamViewer offers secure, encrypted data transfer to maximize security.
What's new in this version: Fixed LAN connections from version 8 to version 6 and lower
After changing the remote resolution within a session, the original resolution will be restored again
Fixed wrong positioning of the mouse cursor
Fixed problems during the installation of TeamViewer
Various other minor fixes and improvements
More Products to Consider
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Wireless LAN site survey.
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Graphical user interface for OpenVPN.
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Access your Macs remotely.
- Secure Apple Remote Desktop and VNC client.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Access all your applications, files, folders, and e-mail for up...
- Enterprise/standard edition database server.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Discover and manage networks.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Access any PC and Mac via remote desktop.
- Auto connect to Wi-Fi hotspots which need username & password.
- Remote access using IPSec or SSL VPN.
- Access and control your Mac from a tablet, phone or a PC.
- Browse the web comfortably.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 54 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: TeamViewer 8.0.16901
simple in use, free, shows really great results
This app helped me much when I had problems with some apps on my Mac. The software development company helped me to solve my issue via remote access.
Version: TeamViewer 8.0.16901
works through firewall....routers
android version needs more gesture