CNET Editors' review
Balancing your checkbook or converting to meters to feet just got a bit more high tech thanks to the Talking Calculator. And yes, as the name implies this calculator talks!
The Talking Calculator's dual-display system is a step above your everyday go-to calculator in that Talking Calculator lets you simultaneously see both the equation you have entered and its corresponding answer just below. This feature alone will help keep the muddles away. Scared of conversions? With this very simple calculator, you are one click away to converting with ease.
But the Talking Calculator's stand-out feature is that it can talk to you. This is especially helpful for anyone who wants to make sure that all numbers are accounted for in a long list of numbers. This talking feature also allows you to input your numbers without having to look at the monitor; just enter your numbers and the Talking Calculator will let you know which numbers you are inputting as you go. This feature is very helpful for the visually impaired.
The Talking Calculator is much like your standard calculator but with obvious benefits: a simple, easy-to-use interface; dual-displays; easy conversions; and a nifty talking feature. If you find yourself working with a lot of numbers on a regular basis, or have a visual impairment, then the Talking Calculator may offer just what you need to do the computing you need to do!
From Mark Judge:
Talking Calculator is designed to be a simple, easy to use calculator, much like a desk calculator which you use everyday for simple calculations, from totting up expenses to converting miles to kilometers. Being on your PC however, you can benefit from many improvements such as a history list and being able to cut and paste numbers between applications. As the name suggests though, Talking Calculator's main feature is the ability to talk to you. The idea behind it is to make simple calculating tasks much more convenient and efficient. If you've ever toiled away on a calculator for any period of time, you may well find it tiring and tedious to continually read and write down numbers from the calculator display. This can also lead to mistakes being made. It's always easier and less prone to human error to have someone read the numbers out for you. Also, keyboard shortcuts have been added for voice recognition compatibility, at the request of a paralyzed user.
What's new in this version: Version 1.4.2 offers Talking Calculator at a lower price, in a special offer Software Bundle including three other highly rated CNet software products.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Set alarms and timers, view world times, and hear real voices t...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- View and edit photos, Web graphics, animations, movies, game gr...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Learn more about programs running on your system and be notifie...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Convert video free between 250+ video formats and 100+ devices.
- Award-winning tape calculator with nearly every feature imagina...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Burn discs, backup files, create movies and slideshows.
- Perform basic and advanced scientific calculation.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"some what good"
Version: Talking Calculator 1.2
"Different type of Program"
Version: Talking Calculator 1.2
Kind of fun to use. Simple program to use.
I don't think that the registered program is worth the cost. Glad that I could try it first.
Version: Talking Calculator 1
I downloaded this just for novelty value, but now I can't imagine how I did without it. I use my calculator off and on all day, and it's always been a chore. Now it's quite fun!
Maybe could do with more functions, but then again, that would spoil simplicity of it.