CNET Editors' review
TXF Creator attempts to save you time and effort with its smooth ability to convert financial files from online investment sites and third-party financial software into tax-friendly formats. Its incredibly simple operation and fast results make for a sure-fire hit with those who invest a lot and file their own taxes.
The program's interface surely could have been more professional; however, its stark, white-space-heavy design did help us stay focused on the task at hand. We never felt confused or lost, thanks to its simplicity, or distracted, thanks to its dullness. The onscreen instructions break down the entire process into seven steps. We were able to pull our investment files from a variety of online sources like E-Trade and Scottrade. From there we simply clicked a few buttons and TFX Creator converted our file to TXF format. We didn't have the proper tax software (such as TurboTax) to test our TXF file with, but our files effortlessly converted and maintained all the information, thanks to TFX Creator's extensive compatibility. The program also offers a handy feature for tracking your history, which seems useful for those with several different accounts to manage and convert. We were pleased with this program's simplicity, but we'd liked to see a more appealing layout.
TXF Creator has a trial limit of 10 stock trades per TXF file. It comes as a compressed file. While its layout was boring, the overall program was simple, and we recommend it.
From TXF Express:
Generate Schedule D form 8949 and TXF files for TD Ameritrade, Etrade, Fidelity, Charles Schwab, Interactive Brokers, MB Trading, OptionsXpress, Scottrade, Sharebuilder, TradeKing and Zecco with just a few clicks of the mouse. You can print Form 8949 directly or import capital gains and losses into any tax software program that accepts TXF such as TurboTax and TaxCut. Don not spend hours working on calculations for your Schedule D tax forms. You can generate your capital gain/loss reports (Form 8949) in less than 30 seconds with our easy-to-use TXF Creator.
What's new in this version:
- Version 4.0.6 enhanced Schedule D Form 8949 capital gains calculation for Tax Year 2012
- Improved support for Realized Gain/Loss from brokers such as Interactive Broker, Charles Schwab, Scottrade, TD Ameritrade.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Convert Form 8949 from CSV format to TXF format.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Generate Schedule D Form 8949 or reduce transaction records in ...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Import data, match trades, generate schedule D in XLS and TXF f...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert .csv transaction file into .txf file.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Manage your finances quickly and easily, plan your budget.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- View the household budget and check your checkbook balance.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Personal finance, budget software compatible with Money and Qui...
- Perform different operations on calculator and converter.
- Convert various currencies into their respective equivalent.
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 33 votes
Current version:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Makes Form 8949 a breeze"
Version: TXF Creator 4.0
Easy intuitive interface
4 ways to import data using OFX, QIF, QFX or CSV
Combines daily trades to reduce line items
Output in TXF or PDF
Didn't find any
Great software. Easy to use, simple elegant interface and best of all it works!
"Excellant easy to use product for active traders."
Version: TXF Creator 4.0
A big time saver.
I had an error message downloading a TXF file on Interactive Brokers site because of a coding on Column B of my 8949 form showing all my stock transactions for 2011. Interactive Broker clients with a code such as B, T or O etc. listed on form 8949 will not have access to the TXF file so that put me in a big bind until I discovered by web search TXF creator. I downloaded the CSV file instead as instructed with TXF creator and then the software did an easy conversion to the TXF format for Turbo Tax. It worked like a charm except for a negative number on one wash sale which many people will not encounter. I simply made an adjustment to zero as requested by Turbo Tax since I can't deduct the loss I had due to the wash sale. I think this is a Turbo Tax issue and not TXF creator but it was a quick fix in TT. Other than that, I highly recommend this program. It worked fast and easy with thanks to the simple but concise instructions for Interactive Brokers. It is a great time saver and priced reasonably.
"Great way to convert CSV data files into Form 8949"
Version: TXF Creator 4.0
Let's face it, the alternative is to manually enter data for possibly long list of trades on interactive Form 8949 PDF provided by IRS and who has time for that?
Responsive support team, that fixed up minor glitch I encountered with IB's data file and went extra mile to send me completed Form 8949 PDFs. Sweet!
Some help files might be useful
Excellently priced and good, effective software utility to work with CSV files provided by broker and render tax-ready PDF of Form 8949, just what the IRS commanded us to do!