The successor to the award-winning TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress is here. Supporting many input and output formats, detailed parameter settings, a fast and precise cut-edit function, video format conversion, compression, and material creation. This is TMPGEnc, the standard choice of encoding software, reborn in its latest version: TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5. It offers a completely new timeline and layer editing function, making it possible to not only create materials, but also bring creative, original video mastering and output to the best formats available.
Previous generations of encoders were used to compress high quality videos and making them small enough to fit in hard disk drives with small capacities, or often tasked to meet DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc or other specific format requirements. While such needs still exist today, video sharing websites, mobile devices offering video playback, and other video viewing options have become the main and most often targeted use. Therefore, we have re-examined what constitutes an encoder, and decided to release a new product to answer those new needs. Improved editing or filtering functions, popular MKV or WebM format support, and other new features are expanding the limits of TMPGEnc, becoming a complete Encoding Solution.
What's new in this version: Version 220.127.116.11 adds iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 4s, and iPad (4th gen) output templates. Adds Sony XAVC S input support for 4K and HD video.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Convert audio and video files.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Convert video and audio formats with fast conversion speed.
- Edit your videos, add transitions, subtitles, create menus, use...
- Convert between video and audio formats.
- Play YouTube video files from the Web or your local folders, pl...
- Convert video files between various video formats and into audi...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert your favorite videos to various formats.
- Convert your videos between popular formats.
- Download and convert video from myspace, metacafe, vkontakte, f...
- Convert 3GP files into MP3 files.
- Convert video files between multiple formats.
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert RealMedia files to multiple media formats.
- Convert videos to various media formats and extract MP3 audio ...
- Convert AVI, DivX, XviD, Mpeg, Mp4, 3GP, MOV, WMV, ASF video fi...
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 27 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Flexible but quirky, expensive, annoying"
Version: TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 18.104.22.168
Lots of control over output, more than any other program I know of.
Fails on files that will play on most any other player (I've not figured out how they manage to do that) -- typically have to go to Format Factory, which doesn't have anywhere near the controls of TMPGEnc.
Interface is annoying; was much better in earlier versions. Looks like Microsoft might have tried to design it.
Very expensive (about $100 or thereabouts if I recall), for which one might expect some decent maintenance, updates, etc.
Nice control over output, but poorly designed interface, unreliable decoding/encoding management, overpriced.