CNET Editors' review
Despite a few missteps entering passwords, this program saves login data, notes, files, and more in just a few quick steps. TK8's straightforward interface is a snap to master. It may be on the plain side, but we'll take simplicity and ease of use over convoluted.
TK8 doesn't have a master password, but instead assigns a password of your choice to each archive. Anyone who's worked in Windows will recognize the File menu options to create a new archive, open an existing one, or send one to the Recycle Bin. By default, each archive has five folders, including My Passwords, My Cards, and My Files. You can easily add new folders to suit your needs. Once you choose a folder, adding records is a simple process. Each section is customized for the particular category. For example, a passwords entry window has Account Name, User ID, Password, Link, etc.
All the basic information is on the program's first tab, but you can add optional details such as expiration date and password history in the Details tab. The third tab is open for any other fields you wish to capture. While the approach is simple, it's also smart. You can quickly choose which fields to mask, customize display data columns, and even customize the program's toolbar. One click adds an entry to your Favorites list for easy retrieval. A password generator is also a nice touch for creating more secure passwords.
The program options give you even more flexibility, allowing you to specify record colors for expired items, and making it easy to set hotkeys for several actions. One click even adds the Enter key after auto-typing is complete, making online logins a snap.
Our only problem with TK8 was that it occasionally didn't recognize an archive password on the first try. Still, with all this program has to offer, this glitch was forgiven. Recommended for any users who want to keep their private data secure.
From TK8 Software:
TK8 Safe is useful when you have passwords to use and to remember. The software keeps your passwords, serial numbers, and other sensitive information, and has features like possibility to auto type login prompts, customizable folder tree with unlimited folders and entries, auto backups, password generator, system tray mode, Autofill Memory, System Wide Hotkeys. TK8 Safe can work directly from any removable media (USB disks).
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Scan and clean up your registry to improve your system's perfor...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Capture, organize and share notes.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Add a Web browser plug-in for accessing rich interactive applic...
- Keep your passwords in one place.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Compose and publish blog posts for Windows Live Spaces or a num...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Manage and secure your private information using blowfish encry...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1