Synapsen is written in Java, runs on all operating systems, and supports standards like BibTeX, LaTeX, PDF, RTF and SQL.
- Runs on all major operating systems like Windows, Mac OS X, Linux.
- Easy installation procedure. No additional requirements.
- Automatic or individual connections between all cards through common headwords.
- Easy editing, searching and viewing of reference entries.
- Direct connection to MS Word and Open Office 2.2 in order to support footnote insertion by one click
- Embedding of your pdf, html-, txt-, rtf-documents as well as images
- Direct search and download from OPACs like Library of Congress or GBV via the z39.50 interface.
- Produces fully compliant BibTeX output, tight connection to LaTeX, but also to other word processors via RTF
- Many individual formatting features while creating the bibliographical output.
- Data import and export via BibTeX and RTF.
- Complete support of Unicode, i.e. you can simultaneously work with many different alphabets like Cyrillic, Hebrew or Chinese etc.
- Support of SQL for the internal database server in order to procure future compatibility of your data. Linkage to external databases like mySQL is also possible.
What's new in this version:
- Special filter for Citavi (BiBTeX-Import)
- Several minor improvements