CNET Editors' review
Spyware is nasty business, threatening your security by collecting information about your online activity without your knowledge or consent. SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition is a comprehensive program that can scan and delete spyware and a variety of other types of malware. Although the program cannot deal with true viruses, it's capable of finding and annihilating plenty of other pests.
The program's interface is straightforward, with a large button labeled "Scan your Computer" leading users to the most important feature. Radio buttons let users select a Quick Scan, Complete Scan, Critical Point Scan, or Custom Scan. We decided to start with the Quick scan, which took about three and a half minutes. SuperAntiSpyware detected 107 "threats," all of which were fairly benign tracking cookies. A full scan took much longer - about four hours - and turned up two "critical threats" and 25 "potentially unwanted programs/settings." We were able to deselect any items we wanted to retain using a checkbox, and then delete the rest with the click of a button. The program also has a selection of repairs that can be run to undo damage done by malware, and a scan log keeps a history of all the threats that have been deleted. SuperAntiSpyware has a comprehensive list of FAQs on its Web site, though we found the program easy to use without additional guidance. Overall, we think that SuperAntiSpyware is a good way to supplement your regular antivirus program, and we recommend it.
SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly.SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition-Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijackers, and other malicious threats.-Download Video Previews:
SuperAntiSpyware will remove all the spyware, not just the easy ones. Quick, complete and custom scanning of hard drives, removable drives, memory, registry, or individual folders. Includes trusting items, and excluding folders for complete customization of scanning. Detect and remove spyware, adware, malware, Trojans, dialers, worms, key loggers, hijackers, parasites, root kits and many other types of threats. Light on system resources and won't slow down your computer. Repair broken internet connections, desktops, registry editing. Real-time blocking of threats. Prevent potentially harmful software from installing or re-installing.
The free version does not include real-time protection, scheduled scanning and automatic updates.
What's new in this version: Service release. Minor bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Protect your computer against spyware, adware, and malware.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Scan your PC for viruses and remove malware.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Detect and eliminate various threats from your computer.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Scan files, memory, and registry for trojans.
- Identify and remove keyloggers, browser hijackers, adware, and ...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Prevent Spyware and Malware running from your PC.
- Protect your PC from all kinds of Internet threats.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Monitor and defend your PC from spyware and malware.
- Detect and remove malware from your PC manually.
- Protect a computer against spyware, malware and adware.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 1,611 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: