CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
SugarSync, the popular solution for browsing, backing up, and syncing your files across multiple devices, is now available on the Android platform. If you're not familiar with the program, its concept is simple. Download SugarSync on all of your computers and mobile devices, and select which files and folders to sync. Then voila, access your files and folders from any of your devices, or through the SugarSync Web site. It's a super convenient service that you probably won't truly appreciate until you try.
The mobile app installs and syncs in seconds, provided you already have a SugarSync account (otherwise, you'll have to go online and register for either a free 5GB account, or a paid account starting at $4.99). Then once you're up and running, the interface is fairly straightforward, as you simply choose which of your devices you'd like to peer into, tap it's icon, and browse. But remember, since the files aren't all stored in your phone's local memory (thank goodness), whatever you access, you'll have to download first. From there, you can view files, share via e-mail, or share folders with other users. It's all a snap, especially with the built-in File Manager, for reaching those normally-hard-to-access corners of Android's file system.
Where the SugarSync app really shines is its AutoSync Photos feature. Enable it, and every picture you take will automatically be backed up to your SugarSync account in the cloud. It may drain a bit of battery life, but it's terribly convenient, reliable, and works completely behind the scenes. For the phone paparazzi among us, this feature alone is worth the download.
While SugarSync for Android is a near-perfect solution for viewing and syncing files through your mobile device, one thing we were missing was a greater set of sharing options. For instance, there's no built-in sharing of files (or links to files) via Twitter or Facebook clients. Meanwhile, rival file-syncer Dropbox incorporates the function into its menus.
Overall, SugarSync is a solid Android download, especially for existing account holders. It provides access to files on any of your synced devices, backs up to the cloud, shares via e-mail, and comes with a built-in File Manager. And for phone photographers, the AutoSync Photos feature is something you can't pass up.
SugarSync is the best way to access, sync, and share your documents, photos, videos, music, and more -- from any computer or mobile device. Have you ever been away from home or the office and realized you need a file that is on your computer? SugarSync puts ALL of your data from all of your computers right at your fingertips anytime, anywhere from your Android device. With SugarSync, it is dead simple to sync and share your files online, giving you easy access to everything directly from your Android device. If you like Dropbox, MobileMe, or Carbonite, you'll love SugarSync. This app also works great for photo lovers. Backing up new photos taken couldnt be any simpler. Just take a picture using your devices camera. Period. Behind the scenes, SugarSync will detect the new photo, back it up to the cloud, and sync it to your computers in your Mobile Photos folder. No thinking, wires, or emails to yourself. It just works.
What's new in this version: The latest version features a major re-design and comes with powerful new features:
- Matches the simple design of the SugarSync 2.0 desktop and web apps.
- Cloud search enables you to search for files across all your computers Backup & Sync
- Sync folders from the SD card to SugarSync Photos & Videos
- Beautiful photo gallery with larger thumbnails
- Thumbnail images for popular video file formats Performance
- Improved performance and battery life optim... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Best Cache Cleaner.
- This app will boost your WiFi and Internet speeds on all your d...
- Droid NAS allows you to share folders over a Wi-Fi network, mak...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- Mobile Banking BRI is a secure and convenient sms-based mobile ...
- Print anywhere from any Android tablet or smartphone.
- View and manage your contacts on your Android device.
- Shared Solutions wants you to feel confident about achieving yo...
- A cool new dynamic lock screen, replacing the generic lock scre...
- Create, share, and keep all your stuff in one place.
- Unblock Youtube using free proxy of tor, open youtube using fre...
- FCB Banks Mobile Banking App - Bank where ever, when ever!.
- We enable your stock investing success.
- Take note and remember everything, compatible on multiple devic...
- Detect colors using your Android device.
- Now to answer the question "where the money went?" easily.Save ...
- Google Keep.
- Ubuntu One Personal Cloud the freedom to access and enjoy your ...
- As a Verizon Online Backup and Sharing customer, you can now ac...
- Lock for WhatsApp Now let this locking app protect your WhatsAp...
- Control, manage and backup your local and cloud memory from one...
- Protects your Android phone or tablet with award winning antivi...
- SkyDrive is the place to store your files so you can access the...
- Preview the latest features of the Google Chrome browser.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: SugarSync 3.3.3
Amazing software, my favorite freeware. A substantial 5gb of free storage is given. Synchronization is kept simple and straightforward and is done very well. Users can sync files across computers easily. Sharing folders and files is simple too; public links can be disabled and recipients do not need an account to download single files. The web interface is done well too.
Some of the mobile versions of this program can be a little glitchy, such as the ones for iOS or Android.
#1 for file synchronization and backup. If you're looking for something with a bit more customization than dropbox (folder sync), use SugarSync.
"i dont know yet ?"
Version: SugarSync 3.2
i dont know yet ?
i dont know yet ?
i dont know yet ?