CNET Editors' review
A good digital photo editor like H&M's Studioline Photo Basic can help digital camera owners manage their ever-growing collections of snapshots. You can use it to import images to your PC from devices like cameras and scanners in all popular file formats. Its central image database makes it easy to manage images and add keywords, descriptions, and EXIF data. It bundles photo editing tools like red-eye and color correction with extras like slideshow and Web gallery features. Best of all, it's free.
We chose the download manager, which didn't install the program's manual until we accessed the Help file to view its tutorials, over the optional, single 61 MB file. The tutorials, ample online help, and optional tool tips make this feature-laden program quite easy to navigate. An intro dialog simplifies operations for beginners yet can be switched off by seasoned users. Clicking on the control buttons calls up a series of dialogs that actually explain each function. We tried the program's two main features, the Image Archive and the Page Editor, each of which functions within the developer's attractive take on the typical three-pane Windows interface: navigation sidebar, main display, and an optional right-hand Menu and Toolbars pane.
Studioline Photo Basic is freeware, yet it offers most of the functionality and features of expensive top-line graphics packages. Its dialog-based controls and ample assistance make it easy enough for beginners to use, yet it packs enough features to satisfy professionals. It works in Vista and Windows 7 and has a 30-day trial, but registration is free and enables updates.
From H&M Systems Software:
Studioline Photo Basic gives you an and easy way to edit your digital photos. Import from camera, scanner and all popular file formats. The image archive is a central database to conveniently categorize your images and add keywords and descriptions. Full IPTC and Exif support. 30 professional image tools to improve exposure problems, red-eye effects, and color tones. Photos can be printed, emailed or uploaded as web galleries.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Create digital slide shows for YouTube or Facebook with ease.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create presentations from your images.
- Create a Web photo album, gallery, or slide show and resize and...
- Process images in your convenient way.
- Manage and geolocate your photos and videos with style.
- Adjust the size of your digital photos for Web sites, blogs, an...
- Create, edit, and manage your photos, and publish them to your ...
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 63 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
"Review of the Reviews"
Version: Studioline Photo Basic 3.70.51
Reviews too old to be helpful.
All are older than dirt. None specify which version they are commenting about. In one word; Useless. CNet reviews on November 2012 and all the personal reviews are a year or more older. So how can one know if any of the negative comments have been corrected??
Expected more from CNet. You be the judge.
"Doesn't let you use your photos in any other program."
Version: Studioline Photo Basic 3.70.40
OK features for editing your photos. Free.
Database can only be worked with in the program. If you want to use your photos in another program you can't just browse for them on your computer. Impossible to use with a digital scrapbooking program.
"Not a Good Start!!!"
Version: Studioline Photo Basic 3.70.32
I Didn't have a chance to find any!
Same thing as above! Read my summary:
I downloaded this to give it a try. Instal was smooth. I fired it up for the first time and pointed it to a single folder on my HD that contained about 4500 jpg files. After waiting for about 15 minutes watching multiple progress bars, progress dialogues and such, which looked like it was working, The application informs me the "database" is corrupted. What database? I just started to create it?!? Well I terminated the program only to reboot the machine and start it all over again. Same result. I'm not impressed. I'll stick to Windows File viewer, alteast is shows me the thumbs!!!! Unistalled and deleted the download file.
Version: Studioline Photo Basic 3.70.27
Does what I need.
None come to mind right now.
"Good and simple"
Version: Studioline Photo Basic 3.60.27
Makes easy work
Too much simple
"works very well"
Version: Studioline Photo Basic 3.60.25
ease of use
price of product
"Geat 4 amateurs who want/need good photos."
Version: Studioline Photo Basic 3.50.52
I love being able to do basic manipulation of photos, to be able to star photos to find to manipulate or find 4 many other purposes, & its great to be able to sort into categories when filming various subjects within one 'session'.
I find it hard to prevent too many duplcations & then how to remove them to leave only one.When trying to highlight 1 of each to save to disk I end up with copies added before transfers can be done.
This works well 4 those of us who can't afford or justify the complicated and costly alternatives. See above.
"nice but a far cry from gimp"
Version: Studioline Photo Basic 3.50.44
"DON'T DOWNLOAD IF YOU VALUE YOUR PRIVACY !!!!"
Version: Studioline Photo Basic 3.50
Nothing This is Crappy
Created an unauthorized share folder and attempted to access the internet. Thank God For Firewalls !!!
"Much of a much"
Version: Studioline Photo Basic 3.18.1
Ok For freebee
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content