CNET Editors' review
H&M Systems' StudioLine Web is a full-featured Web site solution that doesn't require knowledge of HTML or a programming background to use. It combines all the tools needed to create, post, and update professional-quality Web sites in one package that also bundles the developer's Photo Classic 3 Plus image editing software.
This large program's download manager offers useful options such as installing minimal features, which you can add to later. We chose to install the recommended templates and samples. A nag screen politely tracks the software's trial period. We started with the program's tutorials and extras on the extremely comprehensive Help menu, which requires separate installation of a manual that is included in the single download. The tutorials walked us through the entire process of creating and publishing a wide variety of Web sites. We chose Create a Page, and StudioLine's main interface opened with a Web page tool sporting a central window flanked by a left-hand site manager and an object browser on the right. The Web site tool's standard templates include predefined sites such as "Sports Club," "My Recipes," and four Business templates, but you can also design your own. We tried the "Club and Private" template. The examples are in German; hardly an issue with a design tool, and the documentation and commands are all in English.
StudioLine Web is free to use for 30 days. We tested it in Vista and Windows 7. It's a pricey yet powerful and comprehensive Web site solution that is suitable for both businesses and power users, and we recommend it.
From H&M Systems Software:
StudioLine Web is the comprehensive solution for professional websites that does not require technical (HTML) knowledge. It integrates all applications for creating, publishing and updating in a single user interface - including image management and editing with over 30 image tools. The page editor is as easy as desktop publishing. Images and text can be placed freely on a page or layered on top of one another. Roll-over effects are created automatically, even for layered objects. A layout editor manages common objects and guarantees consistent appearance. Automatic image detail windows and ready-made web galleries simplify photo publishing. Built-in FTP publishing tracks pending changes and makes sure that updates are received successfully on the web server.
More Products to Consider
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create Flash Web sites with multiple pages and sub-menus withou...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Design Web pages and generate HTML tags.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Create Web sites with multiple pages, text-fields, graphics, an...
- Generate reciprocal link trades and find Web sites automaticall...
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Does not load web pages.."
Version: StudioLine Web 3.50.52
Does not load web pages..
Does not load web pages..
"Good ONLY for inexperienced users"
Version: StudioLine Web 2.12.2
Many wizzards to guide you.
Most important con: It does not open existing pages, created with another software package. Either you need to re-design all pages, or unistall it.
Another important con is that the software does not allow access to HTML code. And I don't have to mention the downoal file size. It takes hours to download!
"Easy to use - great product"
Version: StudioLine Web 2.11
I tried at least 10 different programs to create a fairly large web site. Studioline Web was by far the easiest, simplest to use.
Could have a few more templates