From Plentycom Systems:
SteerMouse is an advanced driver for USB and Bluetooth mice. It also supports Apple Mighty Mouse very well.
SteerMouse can assign various functions to buttons that Apple's software does not allow, including double-clicks, modifier clicks, application switching, assignment of shortcut keys, "snap to" cursor movement, which moves the cursor to target (such as an OK button), and more.
SteerMouse lets you control the cursor's Sensitivity on top of the Tracking Speed. (Apple's software only allows adjustment for the Tracking Speed.) By adjusting both configurations, you can customize the ideal setting for the cursor to fit the movements of your hand.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Add customizable gestures to Magic Mouse or MacBook trackpad.
- High-quality scanner driver with support for several manufactur...
- Granularly customize input device behavior.
- Mac driver for the Xbox 360 controller.
- Printer driver for the multi-function device.
- Enable Digidesign hardware.
- Scanner drivers.
- For Bamboo, Graphire, Cintiq tablets.
- For HP printers.
- For their USB mice & keyboards.
- Get a usb driver for low-latency 1:1 audio connections.
- Play games with console controllers on Mac.
- Edit and manage your images.
- Advanced file browser and manager.
- Versatile file search tool based upon Apple's powerful Spotligh...
- For ASIO-compatible apps.
- Search web browser history/bookmark content.
- Update your Apple DVD Player to get optimized DVD playback, Blu...
- Recover deleted pics from digital media.
- Archive/compress: zip, tar, rar, 7zip, dmg, iso, pax, cpio, gzi...
- For any Apple monitor & OS 8.x (use 1.6 for OS 7.x and 1.5.5 fo...
- Companion for the iPad app that lets you control your Mac or PC...
- Send large files via e-mail.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Assign your hotkeys.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 29 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"One of the few stable mouse drivers available."
Version: SteerMouse 4.1.7
I use using a Logitech Optical Mouse USB with Mac OS 10.7. The mouse driver software provided by Logtech was unstable, requiring reboots of the OS when it crashed. (Currently Logitech does not have a compatible driver to download on their site.) I tried USB OverDrive since it is free. It was equally unstable, incompatible, caused problems and appears to be no longer updated.
SteerMouse works with my Logitech mouse. It provides all the functions of the original Logitech Driver as well as some functions not included using the Logitech driver. It is stable and compatible with OS 10.7 on my late 2006 iMac. BTW I am using SteerMouse version 4.1.7.
There is nothing I can think of to disappoint me about SteerMouse
If you need a driver for your mouse you should definitely look at SteerMouse. There is a free trial period before you need to pay. You can test SteerMouse before buying to determine its compatibility.