From Valve Software:
Steam provides over 2,000 games available to purchase, download, and play from any computer. Check out the new releases, indie hits, casual favorites and everything in between. Find someone to play with, meet up with friends, connect with groups of similar interests, and host and join chats, matches, and tournaments. See when your friends are online or playing games and easily join the same games together. Chat with your buddies, or use your microphone to communicate in any game. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves with automatic game updates.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get the PC client for the online gaming service.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Perform video-game benchmark tests or take screenshots and vide...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Return to the world of Gordon Freeman in this epic first-person...
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Provide game developers with the XNA Framework run-time librari...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Download, install, and play games with virtually one click.
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Keep track of when and where your friends are playing online PC...
- Test your reflections in a challenging high-speed pong game.
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 13 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Do not download from Steam. BAD customer service!"
Version: Steam API v012
When a game works, downloading is convenient.
When the game does not work, prepare to lose money and not see it ever again. Their subscriber agreement specifically waives your right to any refunds.
Buying a game off Steam is risky. If it does not work, they don't offer support and also don't offer refunds. I bought The Walking Dead Survival Instinct, and it crashes while launching the Barksdale mission on Windows XP. I know it's an old OS, but the game claims compatibility with it. I did a search online and it turns out multiple users have the same issue. Anyway, in their email response, they actually cited and referred me to their subscriber agreement saying they have the right not to offer refunds, rather than offering to help me troubleshoot the buggy game. Priorities with customers. WOW.
Overall, not worth the risk, look only for games that cost $10 or less. Do not buy at full price, only buy from a store or on Amazon.
"(This is the usefulness review, READ)"
Version: Steam API v012
Secure game downloads
Good online connections
Sell games cheaper
Offers 3d modeling for games
Allows you to create what you want in a game with workshop
Easy to join friends
Quick and clean chat w/friends
Occasional errors with profile sign ins
Store can become overloaded with activity
Starts game updates automatically
This is a very useful program that I use to connect with friends much easier on games. One thing though, don't download it off this website, download it from the official website.