CNET Editors' review
Stardom: The A-List is a game about clawing your way to the top in Hollywood almost any way you can. You can lie, fight, cheat, and schmooze your way through a list of accomplishments to become a star. Stardom: The A-List is easy to install if you have Mac OS X 10.7 or later. This is a free download, but there are "star packs" with upgrades for sale through the App Store.
The graphics in Stardom: The A-List are good; cartoonish, but effective at conveying the storyline. As part of your road to stardom you need to dress the right way, meet the right people, work on a few sets and get good reviews and fans, and date (and dump) the right people. Schmooze in the right clubs and with the right people, and doors open. Get in a fight with the wrong person and the doors close. Navigating the process is not so much about talent as doing the politically right thing in Stardom: The A-List. The gameplay is interestingly different, and it does tend to entertain and amuse as you work your way through. It's also addictive, and there is good replay potential.
Stardom: The A-List is a different type of game than we usually encounter, but it works well and is both fun and interesting. While to really succeed in the game you need to buy cash and star power at the store, which can get expensive, most people will have fun with the free version.
From Glu Games:
Can you reach the A-List? Schmooze, flirt, lie, fight - and maybe even work - your way to STARDOM! From getting off the bus as a nobody to accepting an award as an international superstar, get rich and famous by starring in movies and TV shows and winning over fans. Customize your star look with the latest styles and hottest accessories! Hollywood in your hands - complete with exclusive clubs, upscale restaurants, movie studios and more Work on-set to earn a 5-star performance, rave reviews, and more fans Date and dump celebrities, party at the best venues, and live it up in a luxury home with your exotic pets Invite friends to exclusive parties, have them co-star in your projects, or check the Top 100 to see who's more famous
More Products to Consider
- Play a one-act interactive drama.
- Sims 2 game update.
- Realtime strategy game.
- Use peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs and more to mulchify z...
- Save the human race from invading aliens in this fun arcade-typ...
- Real-time strategy game.
- Version 1.1 Update for Spider Man 2 Third-person action adventu...
- Play solitaire with 3D effects.
- Race your marbles through dangerous platforms and collect power...
- Real-time strategy game.
- Popular house life simulation game.
- 1.0.4 Update for Command and Conquer Generals and the Zero Hour...
- Build and operate your own zoo.
- Update for the real time strategy empire building game.
- Networkable 3D Tron game.
- Space sim game: trade, pirate battles, bounty hunting, more.
- Try to clear the playing field of as many stones as possible.
- Super Nintendo (SNES) emulator.
- Shatter stacks of glass cubes to solve a variety of block-based...
- 'Puyo Puyo' clone game.
- Travel to Twiggy Turmoil hyperspace platform to meet the most f...
- Epic adventure battle game.
- Play a futuristic "anti-gravity" 3D racing game.
- 2D action game.