From Loek Jehee:
Utility to split or recombine large files (for use with internet newsgroups or if your file is too large to put on one CD).
In Internet newsgroups large files often are split into smaller parts since messages can not be of more than a certain size to be able to post them in newsgroups. For that reason you can find often binary files that are split in parts like filename.mp3.001, filename.mp3.002, filename.mp3.003 etcetera. It is possible to put these parts together using commands in the Terminal yet not everybody is handy with that. That is why I decided to create a small utility with the OS X interface that makes it easy for people to split large files to be uploaded, or to put together split files downloaded from the Internet. You can also use it to divide very large files over several CD's.
The program functions also as post-processor for MacPAR DeLuxe. Starting with vs. 2.0 you can also use the program to create Par2 or Par archive files (sponsors only).
What's new in this version:
- Code rewritten for Mac OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard" (and 10.5).
- Program no longer compatible with 10.4 or earlier due to compiler limitations.
- Several bug fixes, e.g. "Cannot convert "" to integer" error is fixed.
- On Snow Leopard in 64 bit mode the program will benefit from the 64 bit "split" and "cat" system commands.
- Older registration keys will expire with this version.
More Products to Consider
- Create and process PAR/PAR2 files and unpack RAR archives.
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Backs up settings from several common programming apps to Dropb...
- Recover lost data from deleted files, formatted disk, lost raid...
- Clipboard manager.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Finds files, folders & contents without indexing.
- Usenet newsreader for discussions, files, media.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Undeletes lost photos from your hard drive.
- GUI to expand RAR archives.
- Delete apps and their associated files.
- Split and join files.
- Split & join files in several cross-platform formats.
- Drag & drop file type fixer.
- Sync Mac with WinMobile, Android, iPhone, and Dropbox.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"It dices. Sometimes it takes your finger off."
Version: Split&Concat 3.0
Yeah, it split files. Sure.
...But does it check the integrity of the file when joining? No.
So what happens when you upload a 10GB file to an unreliable file hosting server? You get downloaders crying "NOOOO" and pulling out their hair, is what. And the best part is they can't report to you which split file has the download error. Have you seen the movie The Fly? It can be off by just 1 byte, and your whole file is crappola. Be safe. Use RAR.
Nothing more to add, your honor.
"does exactly what it says it does"
Version: Split&Concat 3.0
best mac splitter I have found
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: