From Loek Jehee:
Utility to split or recombine large files (for use with internet newsgroups or if your file is too large to put on one CD).
In Internet newsgroups large files often are split into smaller parts since messages can not be of more than a certain size to be able to post them in newsgroups. For that reason you can find often binary files that are split in parts like filename.mp3.001, filename.mp3.002, filename.mp3.003 etcetera. It is possible to put these parts together using commands in the Terminal yet not everybody is handy with that. That is why I decided to create a small utility with the OS X interface that makes it easy for people to split large files to be uploaded, or to put together split files downloaded from the Internet. You can also use it to divide very large files over several CD's.
The program functions also as post-processor for MacPAR DeLuxe. Starting with vs. 2.0 you can also use the program to create Par2 or Par archive files (sponsors only).
What's new in this version:
- Code rewritten for Mac OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard" (and 10.5).
- Program no longer compatible with 10.4 or earlier due to compiler limitations.
- Several bug fixes, e.g. "Cannot convert "" to integer" error is fixed.
- On Snow Leopard in 64 bit mode the program will benefit from the 64 bit "split" and "cat" system commands.
- Older registration keys will expire with this version.
More Products to Consider
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Data recovery software.
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Split and join files.
- Create and process PAR/PAR2 files and unpack RAR archives.
- Screen capture utility.
- Recover data from crashed, non-mounting, reformatted hard drive...
- Usenet newsreader for discussions, files, media.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- GUI to expand RAR archives.
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- Uninstall apps easily.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Split & join files in several cross-platform formats.
- Drag & drop file type fixer.
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Rename, copy, move files and folders with a single drag-&-drop ...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"It dices. Sometimes it takes your finger off."
Version: Split&Concat 3.0
Yeah, it split files. Sure.
...But does it check the integrity of the file when joining? No.
So what happens when you upload a 10GB file to an unreliable file hosting server? You get downloaders crying "NOOOO" and pulling out their hair, is what. And the best part is they can't report to you which split file has the download error. Have you seen the movie The Fly? It can be off by just 1 byte, and your whole file is crappola. Be safe. Use RAR.
Nothing more to add, your honor.
"does exactly what it says it does"
Version: Split&Concat 3.0
best mac splitter I have found
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: