CNET Editors' review
SpiceFX for Movie Maker provides a simple set of photo effects. By creating a moving set of filters, it's an entirely different type of photo filter.
The program's helpful interface made it a cinch to operate. Thanks to its onscreen instructions and very visual layout, we never felt compelled to visit the online Help file for instructions. While the idea of applying various photographic masks and filters didn't initially sound like anything earthshaking, we were impressed by this program's collection. We could apply various shapes, fades, pans, zooms, and other effects with an impressive amount of depth and control. When we were done, our static picture was now an entertaining two-second minimovie integrating these nifty motion-centric effects. While the end product was saved in the mysterious .smdf file type, we could certainly see it being a great way to add flair to a boring slideshow. SpiceFX for Movie Maker also offers an intriguing feature that allows you to blend two images together, also in a two-second movie format, and also fun to watch. Overall, this program does a great job of adding something new to the fairly commonplace world of photo filters.
SpiceFX for Movie Maker applies a watermark to saved files during its trial period. It installs desktop icons without permission and leaves Start Menu items after uninstalling.
From Pixelan Software:
SpiceFX greatly enhances your video editing and creative flexibility in Windows Movie Maker. Pre-made PACKS and powerful, customizable WIZARDS are both available. This 5.0 demo includes the free, fully-functional TranJelly LE Wizard which adds dozens of customizable bevel-style transitions to Movie Maker. Upon uninstalling the demo, you have the option to keep just the TranJelly LE freeware. Withing SpiceFX, its15 Packs of effects and transitons (600+ terrific additions total) are ready-to-use and are applied like built-in effects/transitions/titles within Movie Maker. SpiceFX also includes 7 Wizards all in one separate tool accessible from the desktop. Wizards are handy to create custom titles, overlays, effects, and transitions for Movie Maker. Create the exact look you want in the adjustable, highly-visual Wizard interface, then one-click export it to Movie Maker to apply as a standard built-in. Wizards are the most powerful way to enhance Movie Maker and overcome many of Movie Maker's limitations as a 'basic' video editing program.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Import image of various formats, edit video and create your own...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Create movies from camcorder videos and common videos.
- Create 3D graphics for presentations and Web sites.
- Add closed captioning and subtitles for your AVI, MPEG, and DIV...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Extract part of video and save it in the same or different form...
- Simply drag & drop, add cool effect to make fancy slideshows.
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Join multiple videos of the same or different format and save i...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Create animated 3D titles and special effects in real time.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Add TV-style 3D effects to your MS PowerPoint presentations and...
- Create exciting 3D visual effects for use in your video product...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Create and customize your own desktop screensavers.
- Create YouTube videos, home movies, original audio tracks and s...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Generate a color palette for various applications.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A lot of good effects."
Version: SpiceFX for Movie Maker 5.0
Many good-looking effects for various needs. I like almost all transitions. Most filters are very good and useful too. You can adjust and make own "wizard" effects and titles.
Some filter effects are interesting, but too "special" for usual home videos. And some of these are a bit slow in preview.
Pan/zoom wizard is a great tool for these who work with photos. You can position rectangles over the objects in your image and prepare multi-step pan and zoom in a single custom effect. Together with custom accent and text effects you can prepare very sophisticated slideshow. I think the ability to make custom effects is a big advantage over built-in drag-and-drop only effects.
I will be happy to see more effects, especially correction and cosmetic effects customizable too.