CNET Editors' note: For Panther (10.3) only. 10.2 users should continue to use version 1.2.2.
From Subsume Technologies:
The SpamCop bundle for Apple's Mac OS X Mail client makes it much easier to use the SpamCop reporting service when dealing with spam. To use it properly, you need to sign up for (at least) a free reporting account at www.spamcop.net.
If you are using Apple's Mail application on Mac OS X to read your email, you will find that it will not forward messages easily/properly for spam reporting. SpamCop, contradictory to their own instructions to simply show all headers, wants the full source of a message for processing. In Mail, that can by had by selecting a spam message and then the menu item Message->Show->Raw Source. What is commonly done is to click on that text, do a Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy, switch over to your browser, click on your SpamCop bookmark, click in the text area, Edit->Paste, and click on the "Process Spam" button to submit it. Whew! A lot of work, but at least it was pointless.
What's new in this version: Fixed problems caused by changes to spamcop.net.
More Products to Consider
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- MacKeeper is like 911 for your Mac.
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Easy-to-use protection from viruses, Trojans and worms. Quarant...
- Record keystrokes, log visited websites, take screenshots and s...
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- Find out what your kids are doing online.
- Protect the Data You Share & Store in the Cloud.
- Lock and unlock your Mac account by using your face and track y...
- Get Daily Quotes of Steve Jobs right in to your Mac OS X Dashbo...
- Send Junk mail to your SpamCop reporting address.
- Menu bar alert when Eudora receives new mail.
- Pastes the current date & time onto your clipboard.
- Secure your privacy and maintain your anonymity while surfing t...
- Email import utility.
- Hide your IP and protect your privacy in the Internet.
- Converts between British & int'l measurement units.
- Export email addresses from Entourage.