Listen to your Favorite Radio - With its high-performance database, Snowtape is able to store thousands of radio stations for you to choose from. You can search for a particular station or sort the list by e.g. genre and bandwidth. You can also add any radio station onto your favorites list to help you quickly find the right station for your current mood.
Instantly Record the Program - It's as simple as clicking a button. Hit the record button while listening to your favorite station and recording starts instantly. Snowtape is able to cut the recordings at audio track boundaries automatically. Snowtape can identify potential commercials or interludes. With the built-in track editor you can cut out any interfering audio you do not wish to be exported.
1-Click Export to iTunes - Simply click the "Export to iTunes" button and the audio track is encoded to high quality AAC audio and saved right into your iTunes. Album artwork and track titles are automatically exported as iTunes Audio Tags and get incorporated directly into the audio track during export.
Import Internet Playlists - Snowtape can import .PLS and .M3U internet playlist files as well as .Webloc URL files. Simply drop your files onto the radio list or choose "Import Files" from the application menu. You can also provide Snowtape playlist or stream URLs. Snowtape checks every URL and only imports those that work.
Drag & Drop iTunes Radio - As a bonus, Snowtape also understands items coming directly from iTunes. This means you can easily import a radio station onto Snowtape by clicking and dragging from the iTunes list. It works with any radio station you previously imported to iTunes as well as with the complete iTunes radio catalogue.
Get Album Artwork - Vemedio partners with Last.fm to give you the bonus of album artwork and additional album metadata. In most cases, Snowtape can download this information automatically for you. Alternatively, a "Get Album Info" button searches and adds any album info and cover artwork available.
What's new in this version: The first thing I did is stop compiling for 32bit architectures like the first Intel-Macs, because Mountain Lion is only running on 64bit architectures anyway, which means less to download. Then I replaced the old-style code signing with Developer ID, which works in conjunction with the new Gatekeeper security mechanism. I also removed support for Growl Notifications to replace it with support for the new Notification Center in 10.8. Growl has been the source of problems in the past and I am t... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Find, listen to and record internet radio.
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Record your favorite Internet radio broadcasts as separate song...
- Listen to and record web radio.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Record streaming MP3 audio from Shoutcast, Icecast, and other I...
- Convert video between popular formats and enjoy an enhanced pla...
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Virtual audio patchbay.
- Categorize your iTunes music and get recommendations for each t...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Listen to music with your friends anywhere they are with iTunes...
- Audio editor/recorder with effects, mixing, & unlimited undo.
- Cocoa wrapper for the Pandora music project.
- Digital video editing system.
- Music creation and audio production.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Had to delete 2.1 and replace it with version 2.0.9"
Version: Snowtape 2.1
cannot think of any
I had to delete version 2.1 as it advertised a promo every 2 minutes or so
"Works well, functional"
Version: Snowtape 2.1
After initial problems with earlier versions Snowtape has become a most reliable streaming radio application. Instant playback and recording using system wide hotkeys work well.
Slightly dated interface.
Well worth considering if you're looking for this type of software.