Sleep your Mac differently depending on the battery level. Your MacBook or MacBook Pro knows the following sleep states:
- sleep machine will go to sleep only (saves state in RAM only, battery keeps RAM contents)
- hibernate only machine will go to hibernate only. (saves state on disk, battery will not be used)
- sleep & hibernate machine sleeps and hibernates. (default)
Just sleep means that the notebook will go to sleep fast, but you lose the ability to change the battery as the battery is needed to keep the contents of the memory (RAM).
Just sleep and hibernate will wake the computer fast, but sleeping will take ages as the contents of the memory are saved to disk before entering the sleep.
SmartSleep lets you select each sleep state. Additionally the new SmartSleep state lets your notebook just sleep while the battery has a high level. If the battery level drops below a certain point (default is less then 20% or 20 minutes) it will switch to sleep and hibernate. So you have the best of both worlds. Furthermore it will expand the lifetime of your SSD (if you have one) as your MacBook won't write a hibernate file as often.
What's new in this version:
- QuickSleep feature - sleep your Mac immediately the way you want.
- SmartSleep Menu Item - figure out the current Sleep State and QuickSleep.
- Insomnia feature in Menu Item to keep your Mac awake.
- Five different sleep modes to chose from:
- system default
- smart sleep (if your Mac has a battery )
- sleep only
- hibernate only
- sleep and hibernate
- Does not need admin privileges
- Runs as a application no... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Hibernate your Mac.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Simple timer allowing you to set when your Mac will restart, sh...
- Mp3 streaming software.
- Control volume of startup chime.
- Display and hide hidden files.
- Clock the read speeds of your hard drives and RAIDs.
- Personal database manager, a natural and easy way to organize d...
- Change your Time Machine backup schedule & more.
- Lightweight media player that merges iTunes with Last.fm.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Just purchase this app ..."
Version: SmartSleep 3.0
I'll write as soon as I'll have some insight about it
Please change the "sleeping beauty" menubar icon - a moon with zzz but not that face. I give presentations in front of 200 students with my mac and sincerely I don't feel comfortable with this big and childish icon in my menubar ... thanks
I'll give more detailed summary in a couple of days - I give 3 stars since I must give some gradeThanks for giving me the option to switch the icon - the little moon is very nice. Aside from that the application does what it promises and allow to hibernate/sleep according to my wish or according to the battery level.
Updated on Feb 5, 2011