CNET Editors' review
Sliding Block Puzzle does exactly what its name implies by mimicking a favorite childhood handheld game. Its simple graphics and relatively challenging gameplay make it a perfect choice for those looking for a brief brain-teaser or a bigger challenge.
In Sliding Block Puzzle, you click and drag tiles around to move a red square from a frame. We enjoyed the design of the program's interface, which is simple but with a clean, professional look. While the commonsense directions are straightforward enough that we didn't need any additional instructions, we were nevertheless disappointed to discover that the Help file is basically nothing more than an advertisement for the developer's other programs. The program only offers one not-so-special feature, a link to a Web site that provides some tips. The site was helpful enough, but it would be better if the program didn't require users to go online to get help. The game itself reminded us of handheld plastic puzzles that require the user to shuffle tiles around to form a picture. The blocks were easy to control, but solving the puzzle was surprisingly challenging. We feel that anyone who enjoys playing games like Tetris or likes solving logic problems would appreciate this program. It's good for long periods of challenging play as well as a quick time-killer. Overall, this is a simple program that provides puzzling challenges.
Sliding Block Puzzle is freeware. Its mix of simple layout and challenging game play makes this a program we can heartily recommend.
From Novel Games:
This is a classic sliding block puzzle with 3 easy puzzles. The aim of this game is to move the red block out of the frame. You can move the blocks in any directions, use the mouse to drag and move the blocks.
What's new in this version: Version 1.4.0 added a background music and updated sound effects.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Move tiles to match their color with all the adjacent tiles.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Remove tiles by linking pair of them with lines with less than ...
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play and experience hacking files, memory, and systems.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Play a tile-matching game with level-based gameplay and unique ...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Relocate slides to arrange them from 1 to 15.
- Destroy multi-colored hexagonal tiles before they overwhelm you...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Solve a sliding puzzle using your own digital photos.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Remove all the tiles from the board matching them by pairs.
- Play a slide puzzle.
- Conquer all the dynasties by matching the hieroglyphic tiles.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Get the puzzle game to be played in a fantasy land.
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1