From realtech VR:
SkyORB 3D takes you on a tour of the solar system or the galaxy on your PC. This astronomy program charts the stars, planets, and other celestial objects such as comets and asteroids and lets you navigate through space. SkyORB 3D features a 3D interface, with OpenGL 2.0 3D engine fully optimized for Mac, 64-bit astronomy engine, Grand Central Dispatch enabled, a search engine, a large catalog of stars (Hyparcos), deep objects (NGC/IC 2000) planets, current satellite (including current space shuttle missions) (MPC) and let you choose see the actual sky from any point on Earth. This new version includes a redesigned user interface, easier to use with its tool tips, help documentation, access to Facebook community.
Key features: Allows you to fine tune your observation location from the database of by entering longitude and latitude. Information like sunset and sunrise are computed as well as moonrise and moonset and full / new moon dates. Displays a 3D planetarium with planets and satellites and 3 different views with 3D objects with different level of details using photo realistic textures and shader effects. Displays 3D sky map with real-time precession. Comets and satellites trajectories. Displays the worldmap sun clock with rise and set. Multi-touch trackpad (newer Macbook and Magic Pad) with pinching-to-zoom gesture is supported for zoom-in and out. Full screen mode and windowed (re-sizable) is also supported as well as a 'night vision' mode. Universal search engine. Weather retrieval. This program requires a video card with at least 128MB of video memory. Check out our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/SkyORB/120203608017193 Check out our Twitter page: http://www.twitter.com/realtech_VR
More Products to Consider
- CyberSky is an accurate, yet easy-to-use planetarium program.
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Record and perform multi tracking operations directly on your m...
- Watch and record online TV Channels worldwide, Justin.tv channe...
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- Create a virtual sky on your PC.
- Create simple cartoon image just import and clicking create car...
- Find out information about the celestial bodies and have a quic...
- Track the sun, moon, planets, and astronomic events.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Study the stars as you navigate through the universe.
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Learn everything you want to about the stars.
- View the night sky as it appears from anywhere on Earth with th...
- Observe the sky as from any location on the Earth.
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- View and simulate planets, dwarf planets, and major moons with ...
- Convert RM to MP3, MPEG to MP3, and other video to audio format...
- Look at the solar system from different perspectives.
- Simulate the night sky on your display and control telescope co...
- Analyze you and your partner inherent characteristics to judge ...
- Explore outer space with this planetary theme screensaver.
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Product is discontinued"
Version: SkyORB 4.0.3
Good products on Mac, iOS and Android
Discontinued on PC.
This product is discontinued on PC and should be removed from CNET. It's Mac/Android/iOS only now.From http://www.realtech-vr.com/skyorb/download.html : SkyORB for Windows is discontinued. It will return for Windows 8 as a native Metro application.
Updated on Nov 3, 2011