From realtech VR:
SkyORB 3D takes you on a tour of the solar system or the galaxy on your PC. This astronomy program charts the stars, planets, and other celestial objects such as comets and asteroids and lets you navigate through space. SkyORB 3D features a 3D interface, with OpenGL 2.0 3D engine fully optimized for Mac, 64-bit astronomy engine, Grand Central Dispatch enabled, a search engine, a large catalog of stars (Hyparcos), deep objects (NGC/IC 2000) planets, current satellite (including current space shuttle missions) (MPC) and let you choose see the actual sky from any point on Earth. This new version includes a redesigned user interface, easier to use with its tool tips, help documentation, access to Facebook community.
Key features: Allows you to fine tune your observation location from the database of by entering longitude and latitude. Information like sunset and sunrise are computed as well as moonrise and moonset and full / new moon dates. Displays a 3D planetarium with planets and satellites and 3 different views with 3D objects with different level of details using photo realistic textures and shader effects. Displays 3D sky map with real-time precession. Comets and satellites trajectories. Displays the worldmap sun clock with rise and set. Multi-touch trackpad (newer Macbook and Magic Pad) with pinching-to-zoom gesture is supported for zoom-in and out. Full screen mode and windowed (re-sizable) is also supported as well as a 'night vision' mode. Universal search engine. Weather retrieval. This program requires a video card with at least 128MB of video memory. Check out our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/SkyORB/120203608017193 Check out our Twitter page: http://www.twitter.com/realtech_VR
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- CyberSky is an accurate, yet easy-to-use planetarium program.
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Track the sun, moon, planets, and astronomic events.
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Find out information about the celestial bodies and have a quic...
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- Study the stars as you navigate through the universe.
- View the night sky as it appears from anywhere on Earth with th...
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Learn everything you want to about the stars.
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Observe the sky as from any location on the Earth.
- View and simulate planets, dwarf planets, and major moons with ...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Simulate the night sky on your display and control telescope co...
- Explore outer space with this planetary theme screensaver.
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Look at the solar system from different perspectives.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Enjoy 25 space nebula photos taken from the Hubble telescope on...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"App is now on Windows 8 App Store only"
Version: SkyORB 4.0.3
App is now on Windows 8 App Store
No more available for Windows 7 or earlier
"Product is discontinued"
Version: SkyORB 4.0.3
Good products on Mac, iOS and Android
Discontinued on PC.
This product is discontinued on PC and should be removed from CNET. It's Mac/Android/iOS only now.From http://www.realtech-vr.com/skyorb/download.html : SkyORB for Windows is discontinued. It will return for Windows 8 as a native Metro application.
Updated on Nov 3, 2011