Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor. It supports oodles of audio and video formats, image formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF as well as image sequences.
Some of its features include that it does not require any import it has native editing, it can seek accurate frames for many formats, can multi-format timeline, JACK transport sync, deinterlacing, detailed media properties panel, drag-n-drop files from file manager, save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file, load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip, audio signal level meter, volume control, scrubbing and transport control, flexible UI through dock-able panels, encode/transcode to a variety of formats and codecs, stream (encode to IP) files and any capture source, batch encoding with job control, unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view, connect to Melted servers over MVCP TCP protocol, control the transport playback of Melted units, edit Melted playlists including suport for undo/redo, OpenGL GPU-based image processing, multi-core parallel image processing when not using GPU (and frame-dropping is disabled), video filters, 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading, eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing, and translation to Spanish, French, Czech, and German.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed frequently reported problem with black video on Export.
- Fixed a few crashing bugs.
- Added an option to Windows installer to remove registry settings to help people with new crash-on-launch problems.
- Reduced memory usage when exporting a playlist or mulitrack project.
- Added Normalize: One Pass audio filter (existing Normalize renamed Normalize: Two Pass.
- Added Audio Loudness to View > Scopes.
- Added Brightness vid...
See all new features »