CNET Editors' review
Basic but quite functional, Shade for Mac covers the desktop with the click of a button. The application performs well, operates easily, and offers a clean way to hide and reveal cluttered desktops.
Available for free via the App Store, the program installs easily into the Applications folder. After placing a small, but easily identifiable icon on the top menu bar, Shade for Mac brings up a drop-down, which briefly explains the functions. Users can click and drag any photo image to the small icon. Doing so sets this image as the cover. By default, a green image of vegetation is used. Clicking the icon drops the screen down over the desktop, but keeps the dock visible, just as it would be with a clean desktop. A second click quickly removes it, granting easy access to the desktop files. The application functions cleanly and integrates well into a user's desktop experience.
Shade for Mac solves the problem for those users who like to have access to certain files easily, but don't want the problems associated with a messy screen. This application supports Retina Display, as well.
From Limit Point Software:
Hide your messy desktop with the click of a button!
- Just drag an image to the Shade icon.
- Click the Shade icon to turn Shade on and off.
- Retina Display Compatible.
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Make the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of ...
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Images, movies, webpages on your desktop.
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Hide icons, lock desktop and add movies as an animated desktop ...
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Desktop image placement utility.
- Get an Office Clock styled widget for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Clears the screen for a clean screenshot.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.