CNET Editors' reviewEncrypt, archive, or create self-extracting files using this simple and effective encryption tool, although the trial period is insufficient. Novice users can easily comprehend Secure Hive's neatly designed, user-friendly interface. To quickly add files or folders, Secure Hive supports drag-and-drop functionality and context menu commands. Secure Hive's flexibility continues through the utility as archives are easily created as self-extracting or read-only with options to keep, delete, or shred the original files. Not merely an archiving tool, Secure Hive adds encryption toolbar buttons in common MS Office programs such as MS Excel and MS Word. This allows users to effectively encrypt entire or select pieces of a document. This makes it simple to send confidential information securely through e-mail, file-transfer programs, or over a network. We also like the program's stringent security features to protect files from unauthorized users. Office users needing simple encryption and others who need an archiver with encryption functionality will find this a useful utility, but many find the 15-day trial period too short to accurately test all functions.
From Secure Hive:
Secure Hive is a powerful tool for secure archiving and sharing of files. It enables you to create encrypted archives and self-extracting .exe files for secure storage and file sharing. It also includes a simple but powerful means of encrypting parts of, or entire documents, e-mail messages. Secure Hive offers the enterprise a method of: securing sensitive documents and protecting information during transfer securing e-mails.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Encrypt a group of files and compress them to an archive.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Encrypt and decrypt your files.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Encrypt and digitally sign your files, folders, and e-mail.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Encrypt and password-protect documents.
- Encrypt to secure files, documents and e-mail.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Encrypt and decrypt files on your PC.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Encrypt files for secure transmission or storage.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Store, encrypt, and decrypt your files, folders, and e-mails.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Encrypt files on your computer with advanced security options.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Stop prying eyes from poking around your desktop.
- Create backups of your valuable data.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very, very useful protection, benefits are great."
Version: Secure Hive 22.214.171.124
Secure Hive has been very useful to us since we started to use it internally at the beginning of 2005. Before that we used another product that was good but did not have the ease of use and the part encryption benefits that Secure Hive has. Working as designers this has been very useful for us as we can produce documents with both words and pics and encrypt either the Pic or the words. This has been very useful on projects when sharing the document as only a need to know member can see the full document. We are going to start recommending it to our clients and if they do not wish to buy it there is a free copy or lite version, which acts as a reader and does encrypt documents up to 35kb. Secure Hive also is useful for Email security and this is where we feel we can add value to our service to our clients. There is a lot of confidentiality in design and keeping something secret until its launch is sometimes very hard. So far in 2005 we have had no leakage. Good work Secure Hive Ltd