CNET Editors' review
Although screen captures are something that Windows is capable of doing on its own, third-party screen capture utilities offer a lot more in the way of features. We've tried many of these utilities and have been quite impressed with some of their offerings. ScreenSnag is one of the less intuitive options that we've tried, but it does offer some useful features that make it worth the time it takes to learn.
ScreenSnag's interface is unlike anything we've seen before, and not necessarily in a good way. Its options are all contained within a series of gray boxes; some of these toggle through different options when clicked, while others launch whole separate menus. Mouse-over tooltips explain each button on the interface, but we did miss having a Help file. Once we got used to navigating ScreenSnag, we found that it actually has quite a few useful options; we were able to insert captions and borders, scale the image, and launch images automatically in either our default image viewer or image editor. ScreenSnag provides users with the fairly standard options of capturing the entire screen, a particular window, or a specified area. The timer feature is especially useful, allowing users to take screen captures repeatedly at specific time intervals. Settings can be saved as profiles, allowing users to quickly adjust ScreenSnag for particular tasks. Overall, ScreenSnag wasn't bad, but it didn't particularly impress us with either its features or its layout. There are plenty of other screen capture tools that do both.
ScreenSnag installs and uninstalls without issues.
ScreenSnag provides a way to take a photo of your computer screen. Capture the entire screen, a region of the screen, a window, or an element on the window with a single hotkey or click. You can also use Timer option to perform captures at intervals that you define. Save any combination of your preferences as a profile and make the capture process quicker.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Capture images from your computer screen.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Capture the full screen or an area of the screen.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Copy anything from your screen directly to a graphic file, prin...
- Right-click an image file you want to preview and you'll see a ...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content