Screen Video Recorder is an easy-to-use, fast, and video-recording software. You can use this screen capture software to record full screen or any area of the desktop screen, and you can record audio and mouse cursor's movement. It can be used to record web cams from AIM, ICQ, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, or capture movies from TV card, DVD, RM, VCD, and MPEG. It also facilitates making slide show training documents.
What's new in this version: Version 1.5 build 1.5.34 adds full compatibility for Windows 7, no video compressor support in AVI mode, user defined file name format support, "Copy File Name to Clipboard" and "Copy Folder Name to Clipboard", tips for setting audio volume and audio source, FLV play control in Easy Flash Player (Gold and Flash version only).
More Products to Consider
- Record screen activities, audio, and mouse cursor movements int...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Record screen activities and sounds into AVI video file.
- Record your screen activities to AVI files in real time.
- Record anything happening on your screen.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Capture any part of the screen from your desktop.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Record screen activities, audio, and mouse cursor movement into...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Record PC screen activities with sound to AVI/WMV video file an...
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Capture and record screen activities into video files.
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Record screen and audio activity on your PC to create AVI and S...
- Take full control over RAR and ZIP archives, along with unpacki...
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 10 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-10 of 10
"Test 1 of Screen Capture sofware."
Version: Screen Video Recorder 1.5 build 1.5.33
Easy download, straight forward operation - a no fuss panel. Very simple in design. Up and running in minutes, minimal learning curve. Even if you are new to this kind of software.
You will have to go into your properties and then on to troubleshooter to turn off the 'hardware accelerator' feature otherwise you will get a black screen recording in media app's.
The video output I tested with this product had smoothed edges, which reduced video quality - but just enough that it was noticeable. I have not fully tested this product as a teaching tool as I will be developing them in GIS and also slideshow presentations...
"couldn,t find the right codec to replay capture"
Version: Screen Video Recorder 1.5.31
as i said couldn,t find correct codec
"Only for audio"
Version: Screen Video Recorder 184.108.40.206
Audio recorded nicely
Program insists that you remove acceleration for it to work. Removed video acceleration. Computer became extremely slow. Went along to see if program would work and tried to record a slow video. Result: sound recorded very nice but video is a gray screen. Another video = same thing.
"Keep getting HTTP 404"
Version: Screen Video Recorder 220.127.116.11
"Not Bad !!!"
Version: Screen Video Recorder 1.5.23
i like Low Price !
24 dollar for this ??!!
"Works as designed with appropriate options"
Version: Screen Video Recorder 1.5.22
It works. And you get appropriate options in terms of where to capture the sound from, picture size and compression, etc. If you are wanting to capture just a portion of the screen, some other reviewers complained that you have to use your mouse to determine the rectangle to capture. Well, that's just the task that you are wanting done; it can't read your mind about what portion of the screen you want to save. It will capture anything that appears on the screen, so it can accomplish a capture even if the programmer was being "cute" to try to prevent you from making a copy (for example, some streaming web videos). It feels pretty mature.
It could have defaulted to getting the sound from the mixer, I suppose. You have to take a few minutes to choose and test the best settings for your own system. You may have to change a Windows display setting to get a capture (but it tells you exactly how to do it).
Version: Screen Video Recorder 1.5.11
that is what is known as a ******* software with ******* features such as 14 days trial and freezing up applications
Version: Screen Video Recorder 1.5.11
This software sucks if we have to record screen than we have to select the part we have to record and sometimes also freezes the machine
Version: Screen Video Recorder 1.5.10
Easy to use, nice hotkey configuration, no unecessary frills and it didn't freak out Zone Alarm Pro
I'm running an old version of XP Pro without any service packs, on a generic machine with a 1.5 Ghz AMD.
This recording software seems to rely on codecs that are already on my machine(compression codecs). I would prefer a true stand-alone product that has everything worked out.
I have version 18.104.22.168 Sometimes it works okay but I keep having issues with the video missing frames and a gradual loss of syncronization of the sound-track. The only solution is to turn off all compression. Then it works correctly. I assume that with no compression, Screen Video Recorder will run with only it's own modules, not needing anything additional - and so not having any conflicts.
"It does what the name entails, and well."
Version: Screen Video Recorder 1.5.5
ease of use, and apropriate file formats. you press record button, select the area you wish to record by dragging the cursor. thats it. simple
i dont like that i have to pay for it, but thats hardy a reason not to likew the program.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: