CNET Editors' reviewThis functional but bare-bones application captures window or screen shots, but lacks the extras that would make it a standout. Screen Shooter's no-frills interface lets you create an image of your desktop or any active window. You can choose the directory the image will be saved to and select from several image formats, including JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, and PNG. No other features are offered that would make this a better option that just using the standard screen-capture methods. In addition, you'll need to have the Yahoo Widget Engine installed for this program to work. Users who already have the free Yahoo program installed will lose nothing by trying the equally free Screen Shooter, but it isn't worth the trouble of adding if your computer doesn't already support Widgets.
From Colin Henderson:
The Screen Shooter widget is for use with the Yahoo Widget Engine.This little Yahoo widget will allow you to easily take screenshots of your whole screen or of an individual window. Features: take screenshot of whole screen; take screenshot of individual window; save images in JPEG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, or PNG format.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Save screenshots of your desktop to the clipboard or another ap...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Capture screenshots to make annotations and manuals.
- Capture screenshots on your PC screen.
- Print snapshots of your screen instantly with the push of a but...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Capture and hold multiple screenshots with the click of a butto...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Replace the simple Print Screen tool with an advanced screensho...
- Capture a full size screenshot of the entire Web page in the im...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Capture screenshots with a few mouse clicks.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Capture images from your computer screen and edit them, and cre...
- Make screenshots of desktop or active window.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Chat live with friends, send secure file transfers, share white...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"works well / recommend it"
Version: Screen Shooter widget
does everything it says it will
none works great
have been using this for about 3 weeks on a laptop and a desk top
both OS's winxp/pro
The widget works well and i can recommend it . Easy to use and it always easy to get to. Try it.