CNET Editors' review
Whether you're doing graphic design, Web design, desktop publishing, or some other task where proportions and positions matter, it can be useful to have onscreen markers that denote specific spots on your screen. Screen Markers is a simple program that does exactly that. It's not fancy, but it will do the job if you need a reminder of an object's size or location on your screen.
The program's interface is all business, and it's adorned with various abbreviations that took us a minute to figure out, though our background admittedly is not in design. If it's obvious to you that "Vlen" means vertical length and "Thkns" refers to thickness, you'll have no trouble getting started with Screen Markers.
Users can create markers simply by clicking on the desired location on the screen, but marker position can also be adjusted numerically and users can specify the line length, thickness, opacity, and vertical and horizontal length. Markers can be saved in groups for repeated use.
The program's Help file consists solely of a list of command line options, but on the whole, Screen Markers is pretty easy to figure out, aside from its abbreviations. We suspect that there are more sophisticated ways to accomplish what Screen Markers does, but the program isn't bad if you need a simple way to create lines and markers on your screen.
Screen Markers creates marker lines on your screen to help line things up. Screen Markers will let you lining things up on your screen, or move something to the same place as last time.
What's new in this version: Version 2.36 can now drag and drop to move lines and fixes for color handling.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Magnify a part of your screen.
- Capturing part of virtual screen & saving to the clipboard /fi...
- Edit text files, generate word list, analyze character and lett...
- Manage performed tasks via your Windows desktop.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Create work crews and work schedules.
- Reset window settings.
- Protect your PC against viruses.
- Zoom and customize your screen's size, color, brightness, and c...
- Color fifty images of different kinds of trucks and other vehic...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content