Sawmill is a log analysis tool which can be used to analyze Web site traffic, proxy usage, and FTP usage. It features include a persistent database for long-term tracking of statistics, hierarchical data mining features to let you zoom in on exactly the piece of information you need, and many security features appropriate for use in a multiuser environment. Some updates in this version include the addition of a display and output editor, adds a graphs display editor, improves graphing, adds more graphing options, improves support for use of profile labels with -p, improves support for empty log sources, adds a Cancel button to progress pages, and adds support for a global filter affecting all reports.
More Products to Consider
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Provide secure VPN service to unblock websites and surf safely ...
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Add encryption and secure methods to your network files.
- Access files over TCP/IP network on PC.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and provide easy ac...
- Troubleshot and solve issues with your network on PC.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Turn your PC into a hot spot.
- Track Windows ARP cache without requiring a MAC address.
- Collect network inventory data and create customizable reports.
- Analyze your log files to manage your Web site effectively.
- Test and diagnose CAN/CANopen networks on PC.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Utilize a component-based development environment with numerous...
- Access your PC's screen remotely.
- List all your real estate properties on your Web site.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Download all your facebook albums.
- Build Web page search engines with IP scans and other features.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Way too good for the price - buy consultancy hours too"
Version: Sawmill (32 bit) 8.0.6
Flexible - you can get it doing almost anything
Powerful - you can build many gigabyte datasets and produce deep filtered reports
Price - very good value
Support - not always fast (but often are), but they will always go for a result
Price - this is too cheap, and you need to buy consultancy hours to get the most out of it if you have descent amounts of data to analyse, for >5GB of log data, get 10 hours consultancy
Bugs - it is not bug ridden, but you have to expect to find some
The price is too cheap and you have to buy consultancy time (or you have to be a time rich sysadmin (or know one)). But it is worth it if you stick with it. They fix all bugs and always go for a solution unlike some I could talk about. Don't be fooled by the 30 day free trial out of the box marketing, this is serious software that demands attention, once you give it, you get it back in spades. Oh and always get the latest release.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content