Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer. It offers secure web browsing by running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially. It has enhanced privacy where browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows. It prevents wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for SetCursorPos API.
- Support for Immediate Recovery on Windows 8.1.
- Fixed crash when Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME is in use.
- Fixed a problem with Chrome and LastPass on Windows 8.1.
- Fixed a BSOD crash.
- Added support for pasting bitmaps and metafiles from the clipboard.
- Added support for the dynamic variant of \RPC Control\spoolss (from spoolsv.exe) that is introduced in Windows 8.1, to allow programs in the sandbox to ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Make Internet browsing safe and secure, and keep your computer ...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Find best available prices when shopping online.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Get a multi-feature Web browser.
- Monitor your Wireless network connections.
- Enhance your video chat rooms in Camfrog.
- Back up your files to a secure, remote location automatically.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Browse the Web safely while listening to music and having fun o...
- Protect your private data with a key and store in secure data s...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Encrypt your sensitive data with this open-source software.
- Backup your data offsite automatically.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 75 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Version: Sandboxie 3.74
extra protection to prevent unwanted changes
The deletion process.
I did a recovery scan of my drive after clearing the sandbox and found many of the files recoverable. Not a flaw, but a little bit concerning.
I would like to have a more secure deletion of my Sandbox. I run my CCleaner (Wipe Free Space) to clear up any garbage left behind. Takes about an hour to clean my PC this way.
"Simply amazing -- But not for the simple-minded"
Version: Sandboxie 3.72
Tiny footprint and total protection, that's how I see Sandboxie. While antivirus software keeps your computer busy and needs to scan your entire hard drive, Sandboxie solves the problem of malicious software at root. Think of it as a condom for your computer. Not only that, it's great for testing software that you may not want to keep. Once you purchase a license you get access to forced programs/folders and multiple sandboxes for absolute control. I still use antivirus on my "Internet *****" to test downloaded software.
I've recommended Sandboxie to several people. Many of them give up quickly as they consider it difficult to use. Some of them installed it and didn't quite understand what it was for. It takes time and experimentation before using Sandboxie becomes second nature, but it's worth it.
Do yourself a favour and get this software, it's totally brilliant!
"Your shield against malware!"
Version: Sandboxie 3.64
Browse the internet and run every untrusted program safely without worry of infection!
A must have program.
For those who say it's overpriced? -> You can use Sandboxie on any number of computers that you personally own. It's an awesome one of a time investment.
Been using Sandboxie for 2 years. none so far...
Version: Sandboxie 3.62
If you are the type of person who clicks on anything, when you surf the Web, I think Sandboxie does what it claims.
I found it more of a problem to work with then if you just put a good antivirus program on your PC. It's not so easy to get things out of the sandbox, that you have downloaded, that you want to save to your HD. If you have anything in the sandbox that you want to save, and forget to take it out, it will delete eveything in the sandbox when you close it. Whatever changes you make, when your in the sandbox will be gone and you will have to make the changes again each time you run programs in the sandbox. If you get updates for programs, that's on your HD while in the sandbox, they will not take affect because the updates were done in the sandbox. The bottom line for me, it's more trouble then the 40dollars they want, then it's worth. Just get a good free antivirus program, and save 40bucks.
"please simplify- not for the average user"
Version: Sandboxie 3.60
the premise is good- not the simplicity of use
could not get it to sandbox Firefox, Chrome, -- only IE8 which I don't usually use
"PROTECTION? sandboxie is the right answeer"
Version: Sandboxie 3.60
can't live without
when testing a new software this one help me trace all done by the untrusted application
most of all the web browsing
the unregistered version will get an annoying "please regiter"
if u already use the sandboxie for more than 30 days
other people can't afford it and don't pay for security
I can remove my AV. but sandboxie i can'tso the summary is
cos sandboxie makes my pc clean and safe
but now i used AV plus sandboxie
cos when sometimes AV can't detect and block the virus downloaded while you browse
sandboxie always and forever can delete this undetected threats
no virus definition required
it looks like receive and discard
although kaspersky had sandboxing technology to their product still sandboxie is my choice
Updated on Oct 17, 2011
web browsing = sandboxie
installation = sandboxie
system protection = sandboxie
USB protection = AV (like ESET)
thats my protection right now
look likes eset is protection for USB Only
"No go with 64 bit"
Version: Sandboxie 3.56
Used it all the time 32 bit no problems
Installed on new build 64 bit and all sorts of problems I had to restore with acronis in the end to make my brand new ultra fast computer work faster than a snail pace.
Cant use it on 64 bit great shame as I will miss sandboxie, I came to rely on it :(
"A MUST have!!!"
Version: Sandboxie 3.56
I love the ability to actively use & run multiple client applications using sandboxie, it's making my work that much easier
Remembering to not click certain links when in my web browser but rather to right click, but it will be ok
I recommend sandboxie to EVERYONE it is a MUST have!!!
Version: Sandboxie 3.56
* Run almost any program
* If malware gets in the sandbox it will not damage the PC
* Small footprint
* Very little (If any) performance loss to the sand-boxed program.
*After 30 days you will start to get a 5 second delay.
* If you made any changes to a program while it is in the sandbox (Like new add-on for Firefox) you will have to do them outside of the sandbox to keep them.
I have been using this for over 2 years now. I can say that I am very happy with it. After I have started to use it I have been getting no malware on my PC due to going to a wrong web page or a poisoned site.
The removal of any malware that does manage to get in the sandbox is easy to remove by deleting the sandbox. As the malware cannot move outside of the sandbox the rest of the computer is safe.
Any new download can be "recovered" or taken out of the sandbox.
As a Firefox user there are many add-ons to chose from. If I find one that looks useful to me. I will try it with Firefox within sandboxie first so see if there are any problems with it. If I wanted to keep the new add-on I will have to open Firefox normally to install the add-on. Bookmarks are the same way.
Even if you do use this I still recommend that you also have a firewall, anti-virus, and malware protection on your PC. It is recommended that you delete the sandbox at lest once a week.
The only down side to this is the delay that you get after 30 days of use for the program to start. You will have to buy it to get it to start without the delay.
"Excellent Product _ Have used for over 2 years."
Version: Sandboxie 3.54
Free version also available.
Very, very good for testing programs.
Great way to have 2 instances of Firefox running at the same time with different settings, absolutely love this feature.
US Dollar exchange rate sucks. Therefore to expensive for the paid version right now.
Might take a little bit to figure out, but when you do you will really like it. I'm still learning some of the more advanced stuff.
I've been using it for many years. The more I started using it and reading up on how to use it and with some trial and error, the more I used it.
It's a great way to test out Addons on Firefox. A lot of times I run my regular Firefox along with the Sandboxie installed Firefox one. Highly recommend you actually install Firefox or Opera... and __not just piggyback__ on your regular Firefox install. I create a separate folder on C: called SandBoxed_Program Files and install them in there.
With the Sandboxie Firefox you can turn off your NoScript and some other privacy ones if you want. Sometimes I leave them off and other times turn them back on depending on what I'm doing.
You can: Run multiple sandboxed programs simultaneously, each in it's own sandbox, BUT it does require a registered version of Sandboxie. Example I assume (don't own paid) is to have regular Firefox going and another Firefox Sandboxie install one and then with the paid also have another. All separate from each other. If use Tab Mix Plus's session manager can use all 3 for very different search sessions. ie.. PC research, 2nd one for the news and gossip and the 3rd could be for just business.
You can copy and paste the Profiles of each and move around accordingly if you wish. Or you can set the sandboxed Firefox one to use and update your profile, bookmarks... on the fly. I haven't used it this way yet, as I assume it would be a little less secure. But it's nice they offer it though.
I'd give it 4.8 stars total. I mean nothing should really have 5.0 because you can always improve.
Sandboxie Forum post I did, shows some of my notes using Sandboxie.