From Postgresql Community:
SQLite is a in-process library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine. The code for SQLite is in the public domain and is thus free for use for any purpose, commercial or private. SQLite is currently found in more applications than we can count, including several high-profile projects. SQLite is an embedded SQL database engine. Unlike most other SQL databases, SQLite does not have a separate server process. SQLite reads and writes directly to ordinary disk files. A complete SQL database with multiple tables, indices, triggers, and views, is contained in a single disk file. The database file format is cross-platform - you can freely copy a database between 32-bit and 64-bit systems or between big-endian and little-endian architectures. These features make SQLite a popular choice as an Application File Format. Think of SQLite not as a replacement for Oracle but as a replacement for fopen() If you need a GUI for database management, you can install NAVICAT. SQLite is a compact library. With all features enabled, the library size can be less than 300KiB, depending on compiler optimization settings. (Some compiler optimizations such as aggressive function inlining and loop unrolling can cause the object code to be much larger.) If optional features are omitted, the size of the SQLite library can be reduced below 180KiB. SQLite can also be made to run in minimal stack space (4KiB) and very little heap (100KiB), making SQLite a popular database engine choice on memory constrained gadgets such as cellphones, PDAs, and MP3 players. There is a tradeoff between memory usage and speed. SQLite generally runs faster the more memory you give it. Nevertheless, performance is usually quite good even in low-memory environments.
More Products to Consider
- Manage business database applications.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Create, edit, and backup databases on remote hosts.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Database tool: query, manage, maintain relational database syst...
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Database browsing, retrieval and manipulation tool.
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Migrates FileMaker to MySQL, Oracle, Access, SQL Server, SQLite...
- SQL database development environment.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Develop oracle databases.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Compare SQLite database schema and data.
- Find database tables not used or used in your scripts.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Visual database design tool developed by MySQL.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Editor for GEDCOM 5.5 genealogy files.