CNET Editors' review
RootsMagic provides a set of tools for designing a family tree. With simple directions and an excellent layout, family roots can be monitored from their earliest origins.
The program's interface had us hooked from the get-go. Its simple family tree display and easily entered info meant we never needed to consult the program's instructional Help file. While we were expected to do the research ourselves, the program provided a simple bracket system for mapping out our family's history. We were prompted to enter birth and death dates, photos, hometowns and other important information, which formed a web of details that created a clear picture of a family. One of its strongest suits was the tree's ability to make gaps in knowledge obvious. If a great great uncle was missing, the blank entry was surrounded by other family members with whom we could research and hopefully find the answer. The program appeared to offer a great feature in its simple Web-site-creating wizard. Unfortunately, we were unable to actually view the site due to trial limits, but if the site is as comprehensive as the wizard is, it will be good. While the program required a lot of research to get a full picture of one's family, it was ultimately worth it because of the helpful tools.
RootsMagic comes with the previously mentioned Web site limit and a 50-member trial limit.
RootsMagic Essentials is a free, easy to use genealogy program that contains many core features from the award-winning RootsMagic family tree software. The free version includes extensive reports, and supports unlimited people, families, events, notes, and media. Print books, charts, forms, and lists. Also provides multiple database support, Unicode, SourceWizard, powerful merge features, and full GEDCOM support. Also includes full integration with New FamilySearch for those with access to that site.
More Products to Consider
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View plane landing on your desktop.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Enjoy this screensaver with scenic sites and pleasant music.
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Track, organize, print, and share your family history.
- Provide toolbar for a fast search on eBay, Amazon and Shopping....
- Allow you to perform a live saving operation on your Windows PC...
- Find and download images, videos, clip art, and stock photos fr...
- Record, organize, research, and share family tree information.
- Create software installers.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Render Freeframe V1 plugins and generate contents.
- Create an ebook in 7 steps. Customize your ebook add links to p...
- Enjoy screensaver full of amazing snakes.
- Capture every bit of information about the history of your fami...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Create and publish your family tree.
- Bring the hottest girls to your computer screen.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 17 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Hate to even have to rate is ONE star. Deserves less!"
Version: RootsMagic Essentials 220.127.116.11
Counldn't really find one single "PRO" that would make me want to buy the full version
Among many other...
I HATE false advertisers.
Program is placed on here CNET as a as a "FREE" program.
IT IS NOT FREE!! It is buggy piece of crap that as soon as you get anything built, the TRIAL expires.
The only free program I would even rate 4 stars is on called Gramps. Part of Free community of genealogy ... sort of like OPENOFFICE or Gimp. It is
This like ANY OTHER TRIAL is not worth installing. The only free program I would even rate 4 stars is on called Gramps. Part of Free community of genealogy ... sort of like OPENOFFICE or Gimp. It is EXTREMELY powerful, fast (python driven), but hard to learn, If you have the IQ, that is the genealogy program to have.