CNET Editors' review
When we first read the description for Rental Calendar, we weren't quite sure what it was for. Renting out housing? Cars? Machinery? It turns out that the answer is "all of the above," and then some. Rental Calendar is a basic program that manages the rental of just about anything that can be rented. Of course, the drawback to the program's broadness is that it doesn't provide specialized features; it's designed to be general and nonspecific.
Rental Calendar's interface is attractive and intuitive, with the same visual style as recent versions of Microsoft Office. Using the program is pretty simple; users just enter the various items they have for rent, and each item is provided with its own calendar on which users can schedule reservations. Obviously, this system will work better for small businesses with just a few items to rent out; we can't imagine a full-fledged rental center managing its entire inventory with this kind of system. The program comes with several different calendar views, allowing users to see each item's calendar in a daily, weekly, or monthly view. A built-in customer database allows users to save and search for customer information, a nice time-saver. Although the program does let users enter the fee charged for each rental, there are no billing or receipt-printing functions. The built-in Help file is brief but adequate. Overall, Rental Calendar is a fairly basic program designed for users whose rental businesses aren't particularly big or demanding.
Rental Calendar installs a desktop icon without asking and leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of Rental Calendar 3.5. The trial version is limited to 14 days.
From OrgBusiness Software:
Rental Calendar is designed for individuals, small and mid-sized businesses, operating in the rental market. With this software, renters can organize rental activities, keep track of rental units and plan to rent out resources, avoiding associated problems. The program has a handy interface to calculate and show the term of lease, professional events, helping you to make decisions quickly without having to search in endless paper notes, looking for time available for rent. The program has searching and sorting options to let users easily handle records. Rental Calendar is great to store and keep track of calendars for unlimited number of rental units, such as DVD disks, cars, bikes, boats, scooter, planes, or houses. You can back up or protect the database with a password and, the calendar database can be copied to a USB flash drive for security or simply to move it to another computer. Date Navigator lets you view records for any particular day with a click on the day in the calendar. There is also an opportunity to prepare reports for printing or exporting to other formats: XML, HTML, XLS and TXT.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Watch your competitors in foreign online market and be able cha...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Allow the Microsoft CRM to manage your sales, marketing, and se...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Perform localized wireless distribution of messages.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Expand your stock market and accounting vocabulary in multiple ...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Use customer-centric POS system, designed for the marketing-dri...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Manage your properties.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create custom HTML and printed surveys with cross-tabulation, s...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read the e-book about a development changing the face of busine...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Calculate payments, remaining balance, amortization period, int...
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Avoid this software"
Version: Rental Calendar 4.4
Still looking for pros ...
Not very friendly interface
Avoid this download, it will install all kinds of unwanted software hijackers on your machine ... it's a shame that cnet does not test these things ...