Gun the throttle, light up the tires, and hurtle down the track in any of the three racing modes Redline offers: the realistic Simulation mode, an aggressive Arcade mode, or kick it into high gear in the insanely intense Turbo Arcade mode. No matter what your pleasure, take your pick from numerous cars, tracks, and jump into a racing game that delivers adrenaline via digital injection.
The real fun, though, is meeting nice people on the Internet and running them off of the road. Redline supports up to 12 people in a network race, either on a local network, or over the Internet. Meet up in the Lobby, pick a course, pick your cars, and recklessly slam your newfound "friends" into the guard rail in your quest for the coveted checkered flag.
Pure pleasure is in the control. Redline models each wheel of your car independently, as well as the axle width and weight of each car, allowing for an unprecedented feel of the road. Accelerate your way into a corner, tap the brakes, cut the wheel at just the right time, then punch the throttle and power-slide your way to the finish line. Boooooyah!
Redline features a dozen racing challenges such as acceleration, slalom, graduating you to real-world tracks with a variety of racing conditions. With each progressive challenge, your performance earns you new challenges, and new cars to drive. Your performance is also ranked among other Redline players from around the world via an Internet leader board.
What's new in this version:
- Integrated enhanced Ambrosia registration system
- Custom cars can specify RPMs for shifting up and engaging the clutch
- Redline can now list more then 64 different tracks
- Replays with missing plug-in cars will no longer crash the game
- Various other enhancements and bug fixes
- Can list more than 64 tracks
- Will now optionally look for Plug-Ins in ~/Application Support/ Redline/ and save redlogs there as w... See all new features »