RedHand locks your computer. Manually via global hot key, menu bar or dock. Automatically after a period of inactivity (much like a screensaver), depending on the presence of a Bluetooth device, or whenever your computer goes to sleep. Whenever someone tries to gain access to your computer, RedHand takes a photo and informs you about it. You even get to know the passwords the intruder tried. You don't have to think about locking your computer. You don't even have to remember your password. Use your phone as the key. Just tell RedHand to look for a specific Bluetooth device. If you leave the room your computer will be locked. As soon as you are back you'll find it unlocked. Unlocking via password still works&just in case your mobile ran out of juice. With its ability to execute scripts AppleScript or anything you could launch via command line) RedHand lets you perform any action you want: send an email or play an audio file when an invalid password was entered. Perform maintenance tasks when the computer was locked. Its up to you. The scripts can access the photo taken.
What's new in this version: Some preferences options could not be modified (introduced in 1.9.2).
More Products to Consider
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Our free Antivirus for Mac keeps you safe from all the latest M...
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Protect your privacy by blocking online tracking.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Recover your stolen Mac.
- Fight malware that threaten your security on your Mac and iPhon...
- Browse files, transfer music to iTunes, save SMSs, copy playlis...
- Finds files, folders & contents without indexing.
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- Strongly encrypt important data and personal info.
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Find out what your kids are doing online.
- Consumer photo-editing software.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Record keystrokes, log visited websites, take screenshots and s...
- Simple, tweakable, and Mac-like BitTorrent client.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- USB flash drive with a remote access software to download your ...
- Backup, clone, and restore your information.
All versions:2.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Doesn't yet work with iPhones to auto lock/unlock"
Version: RedHand 1.8.1
Doesn't yet work with iPhones to auto lock/unlock, which is it's most attractive feature, unless you first put the app into Discovery mode by going to Settings > General > Bluetooth! Far easier just to type in your password. I also doesn't work with screen savers as there can only be one app running at a time.
The developer said they are working on getting the iPhone to work even when the iPhone isn't in discovery mode. Once this is done, it will be an awesome.
This app has such great potential! The ability to get up and walk out of the room with your iPhone in your pocket and have you Mac lock itself after a preset time and then have it automatically when you walk back in again with your phone would be such an awesome app! This app isn't quite there yet but hopefully the developers will get this working for iPhones and it will be an amazing app.
"Windows screenshot? Of another program?"
Version: RedHand 1.6.1
You could at least make your own screens if you claim that you have tested the app. Very poor job on your part. It was a lot better on VersionTracker.
"locked up my computer"
Version: RedHand 1.6
screen locked and would not respond to any password. Had to restart.
not a good idea if you can't unlock the screen!