CNET Editors' review
RapidWeaver occupies a middle ground between entry-level Web design applications like iWeb and the big-gun programs intended for Web design professionals. You still get access to higher-powered features (especially with the use of plug-ins and code snippets), but RapidWeaver is never daunting, focusing on simplicity over flexibility. You get all the tools you need to quickly create attractive, relatively complex Web sites--including easy integration of blogs, images, and video--without any coding and using a visually appealing interface that's so intuitive you'll barely have to crack a manual.
RapidWeaver offers a fast, sensible workflow, giving you many possibilities for mix-and-match customization with its use of templates and themes (including many available from third-party developers, so you don't have to worry about your site looking like everybody else's). Plus, RapidWeaver puts a premium on generating clean, compact code, so your site is more likely to load quickly and you can be more sure that what you see is what your users will get.
From Realmac Software:
RapidWeaver makes it ridiculously easy to create stunning websites on your Mac. Whether you're building your very first website or your fiftieth, RapidWeaver provides you with the know-how to quickly publish websites to be proud of. No matter what you want to build - be it stunning online photo-slideshows straight from your iPhoto library, a company website or your own blog - RapidWeaver lets you do it with a minimum of fuss. RapidWeaver comes with 11 built-in page types - from blogs to sitemaps, photo albums to contact forms - so you can start work on every page in your site from the get-go. All without needing to know a line of code. Simply choose the pages you need for your project, select a theme - customising it using the included variations - and add your content. That's all there is to it.
More Products to Consider
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Protect your software from piracy and know who is using your so...
- Manage, convert and stuff Xojo and Real Studio plugins.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Capture snaps of entire webpages, as well as areas of your scre...
- Create, browse, and manage Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Write, organize, and blog a personal journal.
- Write your programs with a graphical programming language and d...
- Manage and develop your database in MySQL.
- Get your movies off of DVD and onto your Mac.
- Create the Flash-based websites with impressive effects.
- Manage and develop for PostgreSQL.
- Manage business database applications.
- Unlock over 1200 hidden features in Mac OS X and other apps.
- Create blogs, photo albums, and podcasts.
- Administer and develop SQLite databases.
- Speed Up, Clean Up and Optimize Your Mac.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 96 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very limited unless buying tons of addons"
Version: RapidWeaver 5.3.0
Very limited unless you buy lots of addons ... which may become very expensive.
I downloaded the demo version of RapidWeaver a few weeks ago to try it out before buying to see whether it satisfied my needs. I know I could design my Web page by writing HTML code, but why do that when it's lots easier to use a nice web design application which hides all HTML and lets you work in a GUI environment.
After having played around with RapidWeaver I'm very glad I didn't pay any money for this junk software.
Although it appears to be a nice application at first glance, you will soon notice once you start to use it that there ain't much you can do with it ... unless you buy lots of addons, or you write your own HTML code snippets, which I wanted to avoid by buying RapidWeaver. The cost for most useful addons is in the range 5 euros to 40 euros. Yes, there are a few addons that are free, but only a few.
So once you have bought RapidWeaver for roughly 70 euros you will soon discover you have to buy one addon after the other to be able to accomplish anything at all (or write HTML code snippets but why then buy RapidWeaver in the first place). This may become very expensive in the end.
To mention one simple thing you would expect being a built in feature in any Web design application is to add buttons and tables to your page. I didn't find a way to accomplish this in RapidWeaver unless buying addons. This alone makes RapidWeaver crap, but there are several other limitations you will discover once you start using it, which I won't mention here since this review has grown too long.
So in summary, if you buy RapidWeaver you will soon be disappointed, unless you don't mind paying loads of money for addons.