CNET Editors' review
Random Number Generator Pro lives up to its title by providing users randomly selected numbers between specific parameters. While the program's function is a success, users may be immediately turned off by its interface.
With a cluttered black and white screen featuring several buttons controlling the high and low numbers, most users will think to immediately jump to the Help file. Unfortunately, the Help file doesn't provide much direction and barely even defines what each section of the screen does and how it results in random numbers. Confused users should simply try experimenting with this tangle of buttons and digits, which become less confusing after a few runs. As its description promises, entering high and low numbers results in a list of random digits between those parameters. The function is very simple and Random Number Generator is smart to avoid straying too far from its focus and not offering unnecessary tools. However, the program provides a few features that help users with their random numbers. We liked the ability to sort the random numbers from high to low and vice-versa with a single button click, as well as a button that allows you to exclude specific digits.
This 30-day trial (that limits your parameters from 0 to 29) initially frustrated us with its cluttered interface and directionless Help file, but proved to be simple enough to learn through trial and error. For that reason we only recommend this program for users who absolutely must have a program to randomly list numbers.
From Segobit Software:
Random Number Generator Pro is a Windows-based application designed to generate random numbers. The program allows users to choose lower and upper limits and increments of the numbers. Limits can be positive or negative values. Users can exclude digits from generated random numbers.
Random numbers can be edited and copied to the clipboard for pasting into other applications. Random Number Generator Pro can print all random numbers or save numbers as files. Random Number Generator Pro will generate up to 9,999 numbers at a time.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Create true or pseudo random numbers using various software and...
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Generate true random numbers for use in applications.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Create a list of random numbers.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Generate random numbers.
- Generate random decimal, binary, and octal numbers.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Generate very strongly random lottery numbers.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Generate random numbers with tips and techniques.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Generate random numbers, strings, passwords, keyboard/mouse eve...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Generate random numbers, die-rolls, and colors.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Generate animated virtual number balls randomly for bingo games...
- Create INF setup files.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Only 30 rows"
Version: Random Number Generator Pro 1.65
Looks ez enough 2 use
only lets u generate 30 numbers in the trial version
"Good to have...BUT!!!"
Version: Random Number Generator Pro 1.43
I found Random Number Generator one of the most useful password utilities, Small in size and big in effect, However.......
It is really difficult to use, It's help file is not included!! I spent half an hour to know how can I use it correctly!!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: