The Eurofield Information Solutions (EIS) WordGenius, incorporating Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary content, makes it easy for everyone to become a word genius. Even if you can't spell a word, or are not sure of the exact word you want, you can find it using the various search methods available. The potential is limited only by your imagination. Drag the search word onto a floating icon to initiate searching. To test the program, write any name in License name field and Trial in Authorization Key field. Version 4.7 includes unspecified updates.
What's new in this version: Version 4.7 includes unspecified updates.
More Products to Consider
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- Point the cursor at a word to translate it.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn the definition and pronunciation of Armenian words and ph...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Learn the definition and pronunciation of Azerbaijani words and...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Translate words between English and Bosnian with pronunciation.
- Unscramble letters and find as many words as you can.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Translate words between English and Chinese with pronunciation.
- Allow you to perform a live saving operation on your Windows PC...
- Define unknown words pointed by your mouse.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Add a toolbar that will connect you to a legal dictionary, arti...
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Search for word definitions in English.
- Convert ePub, HTML, XML files to PDF file.
- Translate words between English and Bengali.
- Translate words between Bosnian and English.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A really nice desktop tool, very handy."
Version: Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary - WG 4.7
Drag words from any application. Compact, fast, with a total index, including the definitions (14 million words). Wildcard search. Incredibly handy for unexpected uses that would never get you to pull the dictionary off the shelf and turn pages.
Some of the pronunciation symbols are funky: uy in ice, aw in ball, o in ox, euh as in duh, but the key is displayed when you roll your mouse over a syllable. I don't hear audio as promised in the welcome msg.
Otherwise, what's not to like?
You can search definitions as well as headwords. I don't know how they do their compression, but it's very impressive. According to the Random House website's description, the RH Unabridged is over 2200 pages of fine print, 315,000 entries, 750,000 example phrases and sentences, some 14 million words in all. Yet this tiny application includes all this content and an index of every word and returns results with blazing speed. When I'm on someone else's computer I realize how much I have come to depend on this handy little tool. Someone should buy it and put it everywhere! C'mon Google! In the meantime, get it for yourself. You'll be glad you did.