CNET Editors' review
QuoteTracker streams real-time stock prices, news, and other critical information directly to the investor's desktop. It enables direct trading with major online stockbrokers and services; provides dynamic historical charts, real-time intraday charts, and streaming Level II quotes; and supports major subscription data feeds and email alerts. It has a few extras, too, like multiple portfolio management.
Like most programs designed to pack as much financial information as possible in a defined space as quickly as it can, QuoteTracker's main interface is a busy affair, but it's similar to financial news and reports, and you can customize many of the features to suit your style and information needs. You can configure it to display information in a wide range of chart styles, including candlestick, OHLC, and TICK. You can set it to track over 120 technical indicators, though some data requires a subscription service. It will even stream an old-timey stock ticker tape.
QuoteTracker installs icons without asking and leaves behind folders, should you decide to uninstall it. It's free to try, but the free version has adware, and some features are disabled; for instance, it's limited to two days on intraday charts, instead of 10. However, the adware-free registered version is only $7; less than many single stock transaction fees, so if you like what you see in the trial, the full version is not a major commitment. It's also free with TD Ameritrade accounts, which enable direct trades and other advanced features. QuoteTracker is fully certified for Vista and Windows 7.
QuoteTracker is a Windows program that provides streaming real-time quotes, live intraday charts w/indicators, level II, time & sales, alerts, news monitoring, and research. Features candlestick, OHLC, TICK, and Heikin-Ashi style charts, user-defined paintbars, and trend lines. It also has full integrated trading using direct access interface to major brokers. Order entry and transaction monitoring is drastically faster.
What's new in this version: Version 3.9.8 has added ALERTS - COLUMN Alerts - change from Open options and fixed INTERACTIVE BROKERS - datafeed change.
More Products to Consider
- Track and analyze your investments and the markets.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Research, track, chart, and trade stock market securities, opti...
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Protect your computer with an integrated security console.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your income and expenses and manage your bookkeeping.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Protect your computer from malicious e-mail attachments.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 41 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Best stock software on the web"
Version: QuoteTracker 3.9.8
Easily customized to show only those fields wanted and in the font and color you want. Multiple watchlists or portfolios. Easy access to historical data, graphs and etc. Easy access to indexes.
Full alerts...expansive indicators...controlled news...superior Help. And not Java.
World wide exchanges are available. Have tried many other stock monitoring interfaces and quotetracker is hands down the best.
Data feeds are from your own broker or subscription service. Quotetracker is the display piece only.
Have not used the options interfaces .... can't comment.
The best of the available stock monitors including almost everything currently offered by brokerages themselves.
"Spectacular it is!"
Version: QuoteTracker 3.9.8
Excellent design, great functionality, ease of use (incl. intuitive features).
Beginners will find the learning curve long if not steep.
QT is a complex piece of software, rich in features & quite simply professional even in its free version. With real-time feeds, it is eminently suitable for day traders, although scalping might be outside its scope. The chart graphics are second to none, and there is a deluge of indicators available to suit all and any tastes. Flexibility is such that it is difficult to see how it could be improved. This is the best financial information software I have seen, and possibly the best software, all-time. Anyone who thinks about getting involved with the markets would do well to study the manual and devote a lot of time to practical preparation (paper trading) using QT before committing funds.