CNET Editors' review
Many people who go to the racetrack are casual gamblers, placing bets based on the horses' names or their lucky numbers. Then there are those who take handicapping a little more seriously. QuickHorse '10 Horse Racing Software is designed for those serious handicappers, and not only because it assumes that users already have a fundamental understanding of how horseracing and wagering works. We can imagine only the most hardcore racing fans taking the time to wade through this program's abstruse interface and difficult navigation.
The program was designed with neither form nor function in mind. All of the text is capitalized, and if that weren't hard enough to read, it's also displayed in several garish colors on a dark gray background. The program's navigation takes place entirely via the use of buttons, and since it's incapable of scrolling, some parts of the interface are inaccessible. More than once we found ourselves trapped in a part of the program that we couldn't get out of, with no choice but to shut it down and start over. To say that we were not impressed with the program's interface would be a grave understatement.
It's unfortunate that the program is so difficult to navigate, because it does seem to contain some useful features. Users can view both past performances and upcoming race cards, and while the program can download free information from Brisnet, it also supports the use of paid subscription sites for users who are already members. Users can employ a variety of predefined handicapping methods or enter a custom method, and the program will print tipsheets for the day's card. The online Help file--which opens automatically in Internet Explorer regardless of whether it's your default browser-- is fairly detailed, and does a decent enough job of explaining the program to those who are patient enough to use it. Overall, though, we don't think that QuickHorse is easy to use enough for us to recommend.
QuickHorse '10 Horse Racing Software comes as a ZIP file. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We do not recommend this program.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of QuickHorse '10 Horse Racing Software 10.3.0. The trial version is limited to 30 days trial only.
Horse Racing Handicapping Software includes: 1) Auto Import of today's race and yesterday's charts, 2) Import into a database and export to programs such as Access, 3) Rapid handicapping, 4) Automated streamlining of methods based on past races at today's distance, grade and/or performance. 5) Real Time Odds and Exotics with QuickHorse's own built in tote board which shows you quickly what your picks will pay. 6) User's forum so that you can get help from veteran QuickHorse users.
All this power and its yours to use free for 30 days. After that, if you find that QuickHorse makes you a better handicapper, it will more than pay for itself in increased winnings. Supports the WINDOWS 7 OS.
What's new in this version: Version 13.8.2c includes enhanced Live Tote Features and access to training videos.
More Products to Consider
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Search the Intenet and monitor Web sites for changes of any kin...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Access your folders instantly.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Access Formula 1 races on your PC.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Create and send batches of text and HTML e-mails.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Monitor the state of up to 4 websites simultaneously and get no...
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Monitor your sales and watch lists on Trade Me from your deskto...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Monitor and order items in Amazon automatically.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Track projects or time usage automatically with analyzing and r...
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Create and manage timesheet records.
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Manage messages sent to generic e-mail inboxes such as sales, s...