CNET Editors' review
Quizzes are a great way to help students retain the information they learn. Qedoc Quiz Maker offers users a way to create their own custom quizzes. Unfortunately, the program's vague and never-ending user interface made it extremely unappealing to use.
A welcome screen greets you at the start of the program. It gives you options for getting started, but the program has its own language, so the options are vague. In terms of help, the program offers what it calls a "Help system," but when we clicked on it, nothing happened. The Online documentation and support feature took us to a wiki-like page that didn't offer much help in troubleshooting or getting started. So, on a hunch, we went to the File menu and selected the Create a module option. From there, we were asked to name our module and, oddly, to choose a background (is an autumn-inspired background really necessary?). Another window appeared that asked us what we wanted to do next: Create a new question, Distribute this model, Check submission status, or Contemplate for a while. And yet another window appeared where we were able to select the type of question we wanted: multiple choice, typed response, jumbled sentences, pair-matching, and categorizing. Our unfinished question appeared in the Question Bank, which appeared in a new interface that contained a tree menu displaying our test module, a box at the bottom for a to-do list, and a place for entering the question's definition and its answer. Oddly, though, we couldn't figure out how to actually input the copy for our question. We tried clicking on the Question field, but nothing happened. After spending a few minutes trying to figure it out, we gave up.
Qedoc Quiz Maker is way more complicated than it needs to be, and we were never able to see our quiz all the way through to the end. We recommend you look elsewhere for a program that takes a more straightforward approach to quiz creation.
Qedoc Quiz Maker comes as a ZIP file. It installs desktop icons without permission and leaves a folder behind upon removal.
The Qedoc Quiz Maker is for creating and distributing interactive educational and training modules, featuring a powerful WYSIWYG editor. The flexible playback environment can become a quiz player, an exam revision system, a corporate learning tool, a survey instrument. The Quiz Maker features about 100 different question types, including learning games such as memory games, anagrams and mystery words, question types and special question types such as mathematical problem generators. The popular multiple-choice types are included with numerous variations, including multimedia multiple choice questions. The Quiz Player interface is designed to be especially stylish and easy-to-use. Many media types can be embedded into quizzes. Quiz results can be returned by email to the teacher.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Create e-tests in visual mode and compile them in EXE form.
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Create sets of flashcards easily.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Publish and deliver computer-based practice tests, assessments,...
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Create online tests and quizzes.
- Create and edit interactive quizzes filled with true/false or m...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Create different types of quizzes and increase your vocabulary.
- Learn more in less time with this user-friendly and fun memoriz...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Teach your kids the basic math in an easy and fun way.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn and teach meta-analysis in MS Excel.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Translate Pascal programs and see how the compiler works.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Learn how to deal with rational numbers, factorization, and lin...
All versions:2.5 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"PROGRAM IS NOT FREE!"
Version: Qedoc Quiz Maker 2.7.1
NOT A SINGLE THING!
Program is not free. 'FREE' refers to no cost usage of program IF you consent to share your quizzes with them publicly. Otherwise, it costs $499 EUROS for autonymous use of the program. THAT'S NOT FREE!!!!!
Uninstalled after seeing the bait and switch. Didn't even bother testing the program.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content