When on-camera talent performs, they read what they speak from a teleprompter. Traditionally, this task is performed by a dedicated computer with an application to edit and scroll the text at a user driven speed using a piece of hardware called a "scroller". The Video output of the scrolling text is reflected from a half silvered (pellix) mirror and the camera shoots through the other side of the mirror so that the talent is looking into the camera but reading the reflection of the text.
This requires lots of hardware and software to achieve the same results as Prompt! and a laptop computer or computer monitor. By placing the laptop computer between the talent and the camera the talent can read text from the top of the laptop screen and still appear to be looking at the camera if the camera is far enough back using a long lens. Trial and effort is the key to getting a natural look to this process but the further the camera is from the subject, the better. If the talent will be controlling their own scrolling then mouse control is the best and if you have long mouse cord, that's even better. There is a built-in function to allow someone else to control the speed by using the keyboard or mouse. Use both if you like. Prompt! also mirrors the text and displays at multiple resolutions.
What's new in this version:
- Scrolling engine completely rewritten to work with a larger amount of text in mirrored and non-mirrored modes.
- Smoothness setting rewritten to accomodate faster and slower processors. (From 999 to 5)
- Smoothness setting can be adjusted while not scrolling at the top of file in scroll mode.
- Font size, screen size, smoothness and screen position automatically saved as default.
- Larger font sizes. 24 to 78 supported.
- Dialogue boxes are centred... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Magnify your screen with multiple features.
- View images from your camera or Webcam in Computer or Mobile wi...
- Monitor the activity of any number of disks on your machine, as...
- USB driver.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Manage your computer operations with the movements of your head...
- Capture time-lapse images using a Canon DSLR;.
- Type text with the 0-9 buttons of your remote control with this...
- Get an automatic mouse movement tool.