CNET Editors' review
If you're not tracking your business's resources, you could be wasting cash or time. There are many premium business management suites on the market, but they can cost hundreds. Project Management Studio looks to keep your funds in order by giving you a powerful program for free. However, clunky performance and a high barrier to entry hold it back from being useful.
The hefty download will take a while to finish on some connections. Once the program is up and running, you need to fill out a long form to earn a product key. You have to enter a new product key every month to keep using the program, too. This drawn-out setup process isn't all that makes the program difficult to use. Though there are several menus that are easy to find, they mostly perform the same way. It's essentially a spreadsheet program with pre-inserted titles like Cost Reporting, Project Reporting, and Human Resources. The program only associates with a proprietary file format, so converting your current human resource documents has to be done manually.
If you already use human resource software, you probably won't get much use out of Project Management Studio. The painful setup process takes too long and is too drawn out, even for a good program.
Project Management Studio is a software to manage your project. Based on your WBS, Project Management Studio allows you to create your planning, record all risks, decisions, tasks, costs or quality tests of your project. You can get a quick view of your planning using a Gantt view of your project. You can get quickly a sheet with all decisions, risks of your project and by this way be ready for all your meeting. Project Management Studio creates automatically all "post-it" of your task board. With Project Management Studio you can freely create, follow and consolidate your entire project. A complete reporting is also available.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Automate regular customer billing process.
- Analyze and manage project schedule and costs with risks and un...
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Record detailed information about bird watching.
- Extract first and last names from a full name scanned with a pe...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Manage multiple simple or complex projects as a whole set.
- Brainstorm your project in MindManager X5 and create Gantt char...