From Night Productions:
Pref Setter is an application used to edit plist (Property LIST) files, geared towards viewing / editing Mac OS X's preference files. Very useful for setting those "hidden" preference settings that aren't available directly in an application. While the emphasis is on editing preferences, Pref Setter is a general plist editor.
Pref Setter makes accessing your preferences easy with the "Open Domain Quickly" window, listing your preference files and those in the /Library/Preferences domain.
Preferences are also easily searchable, with the Find panel that will search all your preference files for a term, or search individual plist files for a term with the search bar in the document windows.
Pref Setter also has comprehensive copy & paste / drag & drop support. You can paste / drag an XML string (in property list format) onto a document window to create or change a value. And now, you can paste / drag a "defaults write" string into Pref Setter and have it take care of writing that for you. No need to take a trip to the terminal!
What's new in this version:
Ã?Â New Features:
- Pref Setter now uses the authorization frameworks to enable editing of system level plist files.
- New tool bar item and menu items in the contextual menus for the Ã¢â?¬Å?Open Domain QuicklyÃ¢â?¬? window and Find panel which will allow you to launch or quit the application a property list belongs to.
- Data items are now editable, in a separate hex editor window.
- If a value is too long to be shown entirely while editing, a separate window ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Checks preference files for corruption.
- Restructure services menu and change service keyboard.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- File system change observer that monitors installers & app pref...
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- View & edit nearly all aspects of OS X preferences database.
- Create Finder window sets & more.
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- View Mac OS X man pages.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: